Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always Recon: BoA Comes Thru Again

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Always Recon: BoA Comes Thru Again

What's up guys,

Just wanted to stop by and reaffirm our MF mantra to always recon. It can't hurt! First, for the sake of transparency I'm putting it out there that I'm a big BofA fan, haha. But in all seriousness, about 4 weeks ago I put in for a CLI with Bank of America and to my surprise I was declined because the system said I requested a CLI too many times recently. Fair point. I probably applied for a CLI 3 times in a row over 9 months (every 3 months). 

So I forgot about it and went on with life. I realized this week that I was coming up on a month since my HP and I should at least try a recon before my 30 days on that pull expires. I call in, talk to a nice BOA credit analyst and 5 minutes later I'm off the phone with $10,0000 more in credit than I had 5 minutes earlier. I'm going on a 3 week vacation so it comes in handy for my utilization ratio. I also should note I use my BOA card frequently. Not even because they have the best rewards. Actually, far from it. But they've treated me great since I began my relationship with them and to me that's more important than a few extra dollars in rewards. I mention this because maybe if I didn't use the card as often as I do they wouldn't be so accommodating.

I just wanted to remind everybody to never let a good HP go to waste. It doesn't hurt to at least ask for a pair of human eyes to review it. Also, BofA is, in my opinion, one of the best banks out there as a whole and also in terms of customer service. I put them up there with Discover. I hear AmEx is good, too. I am a card member but never contacted them myself. Hope this helps someone out there. 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Always Recon: BoA Comes Thru Again

Boa has shown me nothing but luv also.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here nothing but love. I manage to increase my limit with them in a year from 22k to 100k. I use the BofA travel card 95% of the time since I earn 2.625 a dollar
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Credit_hawkSmiley Happy What did you actually say to convince them to overide their original denial? What was your original limit and which card are you referencing. Thanks; )
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should probably call for my BBR attempt, what is the best number for CC app recon?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.