Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am EX 4506-T Results

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am EX 4506-T Results

@Anonymous wrote:
Next time when you are prompted with the IV request, hit the back tab on your browser, decrease your requested amount by 1K, repeat until you get an approval without IV request.

Why? Some people don't mind giving IV for possibly alot bigger CL if they don't mind sharing it I see no drawbacks if their income supports requested CL.. Granted I believe OP's income supported more than he was given as Amex uses some other logic than just income obviously as well.  If you can prove your income assuming it suits your CL you want you are more like to be approved for proving it by the form.  My personal opinion every lender should require proof of income to avoid the obvious issues.  Not necessarily tax info, but w-2 or pay stubs.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

For many like myself who are self employed, especially if your company is located in your own house (deductions), providing accurate IV is a lot more complicated than w2 and pay stubs.
Message 12 of 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Viva-LV wrote:

Just some data points: Am Ex exposure - Delta 18k, BCP 4500, Surpass 6900.  Exp score at time of cli app: 756. Income: 122K.  Total '17 inquiries: 9, two new accounts.

Apped for cli on Surpass to 16k, prompted for 4506-T.  Submitted on 11/18, results today (12/5): $800 cli!  Disappointed with the poor service from the AE credit team: got the run-around everytime I called for updates.  Delta is not a big presence in Las Vegas, so I transferred 16k to the Surpass, which gets more use.  I have a Citi HHR card to be converted (5K), I'll try to transfer that to the Surpass in a year.  Guess my exposure gets a 5k increase in January: thanks, Citi!

OP, how long have you had the AMEX cards?

I have no basis for this comment, but I wonder if AMEX has some information from Citi regarding current Citi Hilton cardholders? Or, if someone has any Citi cards, if Amex might use the SP to factor those in as a temporary part of combined credit exposure. That could be expected to be removed once they have the Citi cardholders in their portfolio, but then OP will have $5k more AMEX exposure than today. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
For many like myself who are self employed, especially if your company is located in your own house (deductions), providing accurate IV is a lot more complicated than w2 and pay stubs.

fair enough, but ways to prove said income still exist.  As you still have to file your 1099's or similiar correct?  I have a business with a EIN to do consulting on the side when i was younger.  There is always a way to prove income whether a bit more difficult or not.  Although we are getting a bit off subject as OP did have his tax and gave Amex permission

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.