Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am Ex ED invitation to apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am Ex ED invitation to apply?

I have a PGR and a BCE with a low limit. Today I got an email with an invitation to apply for an ED. The offer has 15,000 points after $1000 spend, 0% for 15 months , and a 13% APR. If I click on apply now it goes to a page that has a code and asks for the last 4 of my social.

Has anyone apped with one of these offers? I looked and didn't see the opt out wording. But there was a fixed APR. I had been thinking of apping EDP with the 30,000 bonus. I'm on the fence... I don't want a low SL.  My EX is 744. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Am Ex ED invitation to apply?

Got one as well, but they just turned me down for a Credit Limit move, I love it when the credit card marketing department and Undrewriting don't follow  the same play book.  

This is almost like something Chase or CapOne would do, apply for a CLI and get shot down apply for a new card get approved for a 15k CL.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

Got one as well, but they just turned me down for a Credit Limit move, I love it when the credit card marketing department and Undrewriting don't follow  the same play book.  

This is almost like something Chase or CapOne would do, apply for a CLI and get shot down apply for a new card get approved for a 15k CL.  

So it might be just marketing? That's what I was afraid of. BOO!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is pretty accurate with their targeted audience .. with specific apr ... sounds like a good pre approval to me ... I got a $15k SL on this card with an average profile... One of my first cards that gave me the larger lines (did 3x cli when card arrived.- 10/15)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may, how much is the limit on the BCE and how long have you had it for?  The reason being if the BCE is new and you are looking for a bigger limit then you are better off waiting although the offer has a fixed APR.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SL was $2500. I tried for cli at activation denied. So then I tried again at 60 days. No go. Said I was denied cli within the last 90 days. Many many mistakes with clisSmiley Sad My 5th statement cut last week. That's why I would love a do over with a decent SL.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My SL was $2500. I tried for cli at activation denied. So then I tried again at 60 days. No go. Said I was denied cli within the last 90 days. Many many mistakes with clisSmiley Sad My 5th statement cut last week. That's why I would love a do over with a decent SL.

So by estimation, you have had it since January? Then don't apply if you were denied a CLI. Give it sometime as Amex likes to see history.  The offer you received was probably just a marketing offer.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice. Thank you!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good advice. Thank you!

You are welcome!

Message 9 of 14
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Mooshi.....I received the same email you did....same APR...debating on pulling the trigger!

Rowncole....how long ago did you get the 15K SL...cold app for it, or received an email also?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.