Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Being SP?

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Am I Being SP?

Hey everyone.

I noticed that i never receive any pre approvals from any bank.

I even opted in just to receive them.

Also how do i check if i been sp. my fico scores only show hp not sp.

Eveytime i see a pre approval its always for my dad. Smiley Sad
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I Being SP?

The only way you can see SP's is directly from the credit bureaus. Annualcreditreportdotcom or if you were denied credit or adverse action

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 7
RonDawg
Contributor

usually takes a while, I have never received a pre-approval for a card from a bank that I already have an account with.  So right now I receive pre-approvals from both Citi and BofA oh and FNBO I used to receive them from Discover however after I took them up on their offer the Pre-Approvals quit coming. Oh and I once had a pre-approval from Wells Fargo for their points card.  lol

From what I can tell, you will not see a soft pull unless you subscribe directly to the CBs I see EQ and EX but not TU because TU hates me. 

In most cases it takes a little while to receive the Pre-Approvals.  When the soft pull hits my CBs it usually takes a month or 2 before the pre-approvals begin to arive or at least in my case that is what happens.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 3 of 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Its weird that i receive offer from Walmart and Discover which i already had the account with them.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 7
ajh5408
Contributor

There are a few forces working against you: For one, many banks don't solicit their existing customers, so you're unlikely to receive offers from BoA, Chase, Discover, AMEX, Wells Fargo, CapitalOne, or Citi. Also, pre-approval marketing (which is mostly just "pre-screened" or "invitation to apply" these days) will often rely on purchased demographic data used to exclude, for example, people who aren't in their targeted age bracket. Finally, targeted offers (the only ones worth getting) are generally aimed at folks with very high scores and/or income, even though you may be able to be approved for the associated card with the standard offer without issue.

All of that having been said, a piece of positive advice: I do believe that being a member of affinity programs (such as airline and hotel programs) predisposes you toward receiving targeted offers for their respective cards. This is often independent of the issuing bank, meaning you may be solicited with a targeted offer for a Southwest card even though you already have two cards with Chase. Donate to the WWF? You may receive an offer for a BoA 3-2-1 card with a koala on it. School alumni programs can produce similar results...

Message 5 of 7
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Thanks I just checked EQ and EX (for some reason I can't check TU) But it appears that I have been sp by banks such as Cap One, Chase, Citi. I even have one from Amex  Account review Smiley Surprised (hopefully that's not a flag for fututre FR.) 

I'm happy to be sp by Chase since i been using my Freedom heavily, I hope they can give me an auto cli within the next few months. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 6 of 7
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

You can't see TU either? I tried like 3 times but it gives me an error. Haha.

Yeah good to know. It's not like I want a pre approval to apply for more credit ( i have no need for more at the moment) but it's good to know you are in their radar for good offers. Smiley Happy

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.