Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Pathetic?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I Pathetic?

I was so determined to have an American Express, any American Express, that I just stooped so low as to purchase its new, intended-for-teens and young adults, PASS prepaid card. I'm 25 (is that still young adult?!?).

Oh, the humanity!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Am I Pathetic?

haha, as funny as that sounds, i did the exact same thing.  Not only did i want an amex but they were offering a $25 bonus on the pass.  But im getting the Costco Amex in a couple months, hopefully.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
MAstudent07
Contributor

I don't think you are pathetic, sometimes we do whatever it takes to reach our goals. Did you try applying for their Zync card? Many people have had success with this card, and it is a great way to build a relationship with American Express. Experts will be able to chime in and guide you in the process of choosing a right card according your situation. What are some highlights of your Experian credit report that might encourage American Express to approve you for a card? Best of luck Smiley Wink

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!

I wonder if the PASS account shows up as an account in their system? I'm certain they don't consider its account history when you apply for a real card, but maybe you get brownie points for having one of their products. 

Also-- is the card even remotely as pretty as the other AmEx cards? Does the word "Prepaid" show up too conspicuously on it?

Message 4 of 13
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

i got the blue card and it looks pretty cool, it says prepaid in the bottom right corner, but its really small, i covered it up with a sticker..lol

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in the sub-550 toilet with only a NFCU credit card (CL: 20,000) keeping me "afloat." I do not wish to apply for Zync quite yet as the baddies on my report are too recent and the scores too low to even risk a kamikaze-mission app.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, yes! A sticker shall do!

Message 7 of 13
MAstudent07
Contributor

Having a 20k card is great if you ask me. You have a higher credit limit than all my cards put together. Smiley Very Happy BTW I noticed you have been a member for  3 years, therefore, I should have known you know all about the Zync.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been here for a good long time over all, but I just sort of came back recently to seek the counsel, support, and inspiration of my fellow credit-fixated friends.

Message 9 of 13
MAstudent07
Contributor

I received Amex membership in March 2010 (green), and today I called about my options in regards to lowering the annual fee. The only solution was switching to Zync, so I did. I will use Zync this year, and hopefully earn their trust to get a blue a year from today. Funny thing is that last month a different CSR told me I could not change, she said  I had to apply for Zync.

BTW how do you fund your Pass without membership?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.