cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Pre-approved (discover) or just a glitch??

tag
alboto
Regular Contributor

Am I Pre-approved (discover) or just a glitch??

I just went to check pre-approved offers in the discover website and I got this message 

Congratulations AlbotoYou are pre-approved3 for these offers.

am I really pre-approved or is it just glitch?? can someone else go and check?

I had 3 pre-approval offers for the more in the mail, but it was weird that I could not see any online until today.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Re: Am I Pre-approved (discover) or just a glitch??

@alboto wrote:

I just went to check pre-approved offers in the discover website and I got this message 

Congratulations AlbotoYou are pre-approved3 for these offers.

am I really pre-approved or is it just glitch?? can someone else go and check?

I had 3 pre-approval offers for the more in the mail, but it was weird that I could not see any online until today.

If you used the "cardbuilder" app then I think you are good to go.

From what I understand, if you scroll to the bottom and see "opt out", that means you're in their system (or something like that, dont totally take my word for it).

Message 2 of 6
alboto
Regular Contributor

yeah I used the "cardbuilder" app, and I got the opt-out disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

Message 3 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@alboto wrote:

yeah I used the "cardbuilder" app, and I got the opt-out disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

i just did it and was approved for all the cards. 

but remember its ymmv im not saying you wont get it but as many have stated on here pre approval in the mail doesnt always mean automatic acceptance. 

what are your scores, reports looking like? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 6
alboto
Regular Contributor

I dont plan on getting a discover card even though its nice to see pre-approval offers. I want to get a BCE, but Im waiting for my reports to update at the end of the month.

My scores as of august 14th was 675 EQ from (chase Freedom) Util. was 78% back then. right now its in 23% and it will be in 2% when the other cards update in my report. I will get my score by then and see where Im at.

Message 5 of 6
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Well at least it said "Congratulations".  Sometimes it'll say something like "Good News we found a recommended card for you!"

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.