Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I S.O.L With Amex/Citi?

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Am I S.O.L With Amex/Citi?

Hey,

While I work to bring my fico's into the high 600's, I wonder if I am just wasting my time trying to be 'credit worthy' by next year. Thing is, I have paid collections that won't leave until at least 2011. Does this mean I am doomed to lower rent cc's until they are wiped off? I hate having my life ruined because of stuff that happened in 2004.

PS. As of now I have $2500 Crown Jewlers (first month), almost a year with First Premier ($300) and 3 + months with Orchard Bank. Will both be 1+ year on my 'target date' of 4/09. EQ Fico is now 638 but that was with high utilization. by 4/08 I'll have at least 6 months where all will be 10% or under. And none of my collections are from cc's, just utilities that were from 2004 but "opened" on 2006 :/

Message Edited by jbh on 08-01-2008 12:29 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Am I S.O.L With Amex/Citi?

Edited as my response was to a reply that no longer exists.

Summary: I know I cannot get them removed by the CA's. I know this for a fact :/

They are for utilities like ATT and Verizon

Message Edited by jbh on 08-01-2008 12:39 PM
Message 2 of 14
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

You can't know it by talking - you have to send the letters. Over and over again if neccessary. [Edit] To bad you did not offer PFD. CA's for the most part are pond scum - but are part of the system. Like any other "system" the best way to deal with it is to stay out of it. I have been there and I will NEVER go there again. Get current and stay current - ALWAYS PAY ON TIME!

If all else fails, time will heal this wound. A paid collection is a lot better than an open collection and every month that it ages it will effect you less. Just do not fall into the trap of apply for credit with a bunch of bottom feeders who will stick you with a card with a low CL/fees and no way to grow so you eventually have to dump them. Try BofA and if you have to take a secured card. In the long run you will be happy you did - and withstand the temptation to deal with First Premier, Tribute or the like!

Edited by cheddar: See post below.

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 12:52 PM
Message 3 of 14
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks. I'll consider the BoA card. What angers me is these are 2004 accounts and one of them was taken into collection 1/08!

So does that mean it stays til '15 or will the CRA know to drop it 7 years after late '04 when it was first delinquent? These never show the delinquent dates, so it worries me.

Thanks. I guess I'll try PFD with the other 2 small potato collections.
Message 4 of 14
jbh
Established Contributor

Oh, getting back on topic. Do these cc companies ever overlook a collection if they are all paid or does citi/amex just ignore a 'scum person' like me? (It's how I feel)
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have removed and/or edited a number of replies in this thread.

A friendly reminder to everyone, and a message from our Admin, Barry:

To get your post deleted, just violate our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines and our mods will gladly delete if for you -- along with a public or private message (or both) explaining what you did wrong. 

Please read these guidelines and don't hesitate to PM one of the mods or admins if you have any questions about any of our rules.   We're here to help!

Thanks for contributing positively to the FICO Forums!

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 12:54 PM
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

jbh wrote:
Oh, getting back on topic. Do these cc companies ever overlook a collection if they are all paid or does citi/amex just ignore a 'scum person' like me? (It's how I feel)

Please note, jbh, that my post above was not in response to any of your posts or questions.

Citi and Amex will both give cards with paid collections, although the collections really should be very old.  Recent collections will usually be a dealbreaker for either of them.

Edit to add:  Having collections on your reports does not reflect on your worth as a human being whatsoever!  You really need to stop thinking like that. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 12:59 PM
Message 7 of 14
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Yo, cheddar! Will you PM me and let me know what I did wrong? The sentence you removed seemed pretty innocuous...
Message 8 of 14
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks, Cheddar. I hear ya Smiley Wink

But that's what angers me, these are 2004 accounts (last delinquent) but the darn collection agency for the one I paid started 1/08!

SO these companies will think I just defaulted on one of these accounts. It's infuriating
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:
Yo, cheddar! Will you PM me and let me know what I did wrong? The sentence you removed seemed pretty innocuous...

Certainly, jmbfl.  Please check your PMs. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.