Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I back in with Citi?

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Am I back in with Citi?

I included Citibank in a chapter 13 back in 2008. This week I was approved for their Home Depot card with a $500 limit. I know it's not much, but it's a start. I was shocked to see that all the negative information was removed from all three credit reporting agency's. I'm just wondering if getting approved for a cobranded card gets me in with them again?

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Am I back in with Citi?

@Believe1970 wrote:

I included Citibank in a chapter 13 back in 2008. This week I was approved for their Home Depot card with a $500 limit. I know it's not much, but it's a start. I was shocked to see that all the negative information was removed from all three credit reporting agency's. I'm just wondering if getting approved for a cobranded card gets me in with them again?

I believe the store cards are handled by a different group within Citi, so it's not certain that the good will will transfer. But maybe worth a try, if you can afford a possible wasted inq.

Message 2 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You are and aren't.. They have a retail card division aka Home Depot, Best Buy etc along with their other credit card division DC/Premier etc. as LTL stated.  I don't believe they have the same UW nor speak with each other although I could be completly wrong.

Message 3 of 4
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Thanks, that's what I thought. I think I'll hold off on applying at this time. I'm back in with Chase. Going to get my utilization down and apply for Citi, BofA & American Express cards in about 6 months.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.