Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being treated fairly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I being treated fairly?

Well, you have really good scores and it seems nice credit lines elsewhere. I think Citi should probably give you a modest increase like $1000.00. It seems kinda dumb for them to deny that.  Did they tell you outright that you were blacklisted for increases?
Message 11 of 18
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Credit addict, sorry you are wrong again, the supervisor was very nasty and was telling me to stop using the card and I'll have credit available. She was being sarcastic
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You aren't certain it is for the bk in the 80s. I know it is not your highest line but 15k is a high line of credit to most people. I am not saying you should be greatful to Citi, but I am saying I doubt they are out to get you. You don't try to annoy most people by giving them a 15k line. I recommend you put more use on it and ask in a few months, transfering to a different CSR if you get a rude one. If that isn't worth your trouble, do the ultimate, sock drawer it - using it only to buy small items every other month to keep it active. It will cost them more money to maintain your account than they reap in transaction fees.
Message 13 of 18
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Last response, I am 100% sure that it's because of the default. I was told that exactly. I asked them, well if that's the case why did you send me 2 accounts, their reply was because your credit file proved to us that you were worthy. But you are not getting an increase unless the computer does it. That's what I was told. So I will combine in Oct or leave them alone and deal with Chase and BOFA who treats me like a human being
Message 14 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

could the difference between a 15k and 16k line really have you thinking you're being treated unfairly- or is it the rude treatment of the particular representatives you spoke to...  if the latter maybe call back a few more times over the next few months and perhaps you'll find what the rude ones told you was in fact untrue and you'll get an additional 1k.  it's worked for me b4.  don't believe everything a snippy representive blurts out at you, citi is currently offering you some of their highest limits, and best rates-they clearly don't dislike you
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 18
plasticguy
Established Contributor

This is a tough board to deal with. I am not trying to increase a 15k to 16k. I am trying to move up the 8300 on the Diamond. They did not pull a credit report when deciding on granting me an increase, that's the problem. They won't even look at my report. That must have looked before they give me the cards in the first place. Then again, they never called to verify any info. I am self employed. The end.
Message 16 of 18
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:
This is a tough board to deal with. I am not trying to increase a 15k to 16k. I am trying to move up the 8300 on the Diamond. They did not pull a credit report when deciding on granting me an increase, that's the problem. They won't even look at my report. That must have looked before they give me the cards in the first place. Then again, they never called to verify any info. I am self employed. The end.

Plasticguy,

I just read through this thread and saw that people were misunderstanding your words. I am just 7+ years out of BK and still trying to claw, fight, tear my way to prime territory but I imagine once the BK is far behind me, I would feel like you do. You have done a tremendous job getting that behind you and clearly are a very successful, self-employed individual. I can understand why you'd want your personal CL's to reflect your financial status. That said, Citi is among the best cards to have so, IMHO, I'd keep the Diamond personal account (not combine) even if it never gets a CLI. BUT I'd still keep pushing, maybe ask for a supervisor and tell them about the rudeness of the CSR. I'm also curious, and would love to hear from some mods, if doing a PC on the Diamonds to another consumer card might get you out of "stuck" status.

And so far as posters missing your comments and/or points, please do try to remember that this is not a "professional" board. We're just people trying to help each other because we consider ourselves to all be in this together. Best wishes! Smiley Wink
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 17 of 18
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I don't know how to do that copy thing, but from above:
" I called and was told that if I wanted a higher credit line, I should Curtail my spending!, basically saying use the cards"
I think they are saying use it to max and pay it off. some of my best increases came after I had the card maxed out!

Creditaddict,

when you click reply, there should be a blue-ish box to the right of and on the same line as "Message Body", that says, "Quote Post". Click it and the post of the person you are replying to will be inserted in your message. Smiley Happy
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.