Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I eligible for a Walmart Card?

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Am I eligible for a Walmart Card?

I'm at 57% utilization currently, that's going down. Looking at tax return time to pay it off completely. Never had any lates, always paid on time since I got these cards. As you could see in my sig, I'm recent to credit. I applied for the Walmart card back in September of last year, and I got denied. Do you think I have a shot?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: Am I eligible for a Walmart Card?

I would say wait for both of your accts to age to 6 months before you app again. 

Also work on that UTIL. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 13
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Sigh, fine. i'll wait another month. I want another card to lower the UTIL, lol. But yeah, I'm being consistent.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to lower util- pif
Message 4 of 13
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

+1   let your new accounts age for at least 6 mos

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 5 of 13
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nuggets321 wrote:

+1   let your new accounts age for at least 6 mos

Or get a well aged authorized user account =x

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 13
TravisD
Contributor

I have a mid 600s Fico, 2 paid collections and at about 30% Util and was approved today for a $900 limit.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 7 of 13
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I have really bad credit. I applied for a Cap Plat card 2 weeks ago and was thrilled to get it. Then I stupidly applied for Citi Simplicity and was denied. Then I said no more aps. But yest applied for Walmart card and got 400 credit line... and i have bad credit. They wouldnt even give me my real fico scores because i have no credit cards in the last year. nothing at all reporting.... but they still gave me a Walmart card. So I don't wanna be blamed if you get rejected, but if I can get it anyone can. I have a Federal Lien on my report and a creditcard account that I settled  for like 50 percent of what I owed that is dated about a year and a half ago and thats my total credit report. If you want more store credit cards maybe try to get a popup pre approval from Buckle or Victorias Secret or Express.

Good Luck

Message 8 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeaup just lower your debt ratio and BAM your wal mart card is on its way. Its an easy card to get doesnt require much just a score in its 600s and a fair history. GOOD LUCK!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 13
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

AAoA: 4 months

My total util dropped to 30%, just an update. But, uhh just wanted ask should I wait until AAoA goes up to 6 months, or just for my oldest credit card to hit 6 months, because it did a few days ago?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.