Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I eligible for any more cards?

Ficos are 670 eq 640tu 625ex

Two secured cards for 16 months. No late payments

Two cap 1 cards for 3 months. No late payments

Jcrew card for 3 months. No late payments

One medical collection due to fall off next year

one judgement just satisfied in court. Waiting for judgement letter to send to credit places to get deleted ( I live in ny, 5 year law ) 

Taking away that judgement, can I get any other cards? I personally want the Barclays rewards or discover it. Any chance? Nothing pre qualified 

Thanks. Stupid collection must be keeping me from getting the real good scores.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I eligible for any more cards?

What are you looking for in your next credit card?  Rewards or travel miles.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at this point I would like to get in with a company who I can grow and get high limits with. My highest limit is 1500. I just want to grow and get in with a real good bank. I would like travel also but don't pre qualify for the venture one. I do have QS1 though.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could probably get the Discover it card now. I got it with a 642 score. I had 5 paid judgments and two large old unpaid collections showing.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. Were you pre qualified? What report did they pull? I heard the Barclays nfl card is easier to get than the rewards. I'm sure there is a lot of cards I don't know about lol
Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

Stupid collection must be keeping me from getting the real good scores.

Always address your derogs first.  Hit the Rebuilding subforum and carefully research before taking action.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm opted out of prescreened offers, so no I was not prequalified. They pulled EQ. Honestly, I hadn't planned on applying for them so early I didn't think I'd be approved yet. I just thought the double cash back offer was too good to pass up and was willing to waste an inquiry on it since my EQ report had very few inquiries anyway. 

Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

Ficos are 670 eq 640tu 625ex

Two secured cards for 16 months. No late payments

Two cap 1 cards for 3 months. No late payments

Jcrew card for 3 months. No late payments

One medical collection due to fall off next year

one judgement just satisfied in court. Waiting for judgement letter to send to credit places to get deleted ( I live in ny, 5 year law ) 

Taking away that judgement, can I get any other cards? I personally want the Barclays rewards or discover it. Any chance? Nothing pre qualified 

Thanks. Stupid collection must be keeping me from getting the real good scores.

The Barclay Rewards card is a good card for purchases, especially groceries and utilities, and is not hard to get. Every 6 mos. they review you for CLI and will give you an auto CLI if you've been 'good' Smiley Happy

It's a horrendous card for paying interest and fees though, so don't use it for cash advances, balance transfers, or purchases carried over without grace period.

It's not hard to get, so it's a good one to go for.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.