cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I likely to get approved for a Barclay Rewards credit card? Currently a student. My scores within

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I likely to get approved for a Barclay Rewards credit card? Currently a student. My scores wi

So curious.... haven't been on the boards for about a year now, at least no consistently anyways. So are they replacing the Rewards MC with something else for existing card holders? I've had one for a while now and just curious. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I likely to get approved for a Barclay Rewards credit card? Currently a student. My scores wi

Just wanted to come back and share that I did get approved.

On the application, they asked me how much my purchase was going to cost. It was $2500 but I went ahead and chose 3000-4000 just to have extra spending room.

They approved me for $4000 and an APR of 14.74%, and I'm pretty sure they would have approved me for more had I asked for it. I didnt see the point though.

Although now I'm wondering if I should have asked for more since it was a big purchase, it'll show that i'm using more than 50% of the amount I borrowed.

Either way I'm happy. I made my purchase and I have 18 months to pay it off. Although I'll probably make double payments and pay it off in about 8-12 months instead. 

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! This post will probably be moved to the approval section. 

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I don't have a Barclay card but I have read all the posts here about them and their AA be careful.  

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id try for another card over what Apple offers personally. Ive read not so great things... Its why I didnt use Apple.

I held out myself and will buy my new Mac on my Disco or Chase card. No interest and cash back. Waiting for them to come in the mail.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.