cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I likely to get approved for a Barclay Rewards credit card? Currently a student. My scores within

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I likely to get approved for a Barclay Rewards credit card? Currently a student. My scores wi

Barclaycard Rewards MC has been discontinued for several months now...

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I likely to get approved for a Barclay Rewards credit card? Currently a student. My scores wi

I think your able to PC to the Rewards MC, but I don't think you can straight up apply for it unless they are accepting phone apps. 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I think your able to PC to the Rewards MC, but I don't think you can straight up apply for it unless they are accepting phone apps. 

I don't even see reference to it on the website. Perhaps OP meant one of their other cards that has "rewards" in the name...

Message 13 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TransUnion: 720
Updated: May 28, 2017 from CreditKarma

VantageScore 3.0

Equifax: 712

Updated: May 28, 2017 from CreditKarma

VantageScore 3.0

Experian: 672

Updated: April 29, 2017 from Wells Fargo

FICO Bankcard Score 2

---------

I'm an engineering college student and have just started an internship for the summer, I'd like to purchase a laptop in order to be able to work on my own projects for my portfolio/resume.

That aside, I'm quite confused about all these different scoring models and companies that provide them.

I'd like to apply for a Barclays Rewards credit card through Apple but since I was denied once before, a year ago, I'm a bit scared to try again.

What score does Barclays look at to figure out if I should get approved or not? I take it Vantage isn't the one they look at since it's free and seems to be overall higher than my FICO score from Wells Fargo?

Any advice is welcome, thanks for your time.

The Barclay Rewards card is no longer being offered.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, I meant the Barclay Apple credit card. I'm not sure what it's called.
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 16 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oops, I meant the Barclay Apple credit card. I'm not sure what it's called.

Well I can't tell you what your chances are, especially since they don't use Vantage 3.0.

But I can tell you that (a) the Barclays Apple Rewards card is widely reputed to be the easiest Barclays card to get, (b) Barclays

almost always pulls TU, and (c) regardless of how good your FICO Transunion score is, Barclays doesn't like lots of recent inquiries

and new accounts.

So if you don't have a lot of new credit inquiries, ahd have a decent TU FICO score, you should be fine.

I guess I should also point out that I've seen reports on here of people who got the card concluding that it wasn't a great card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 17 of 25
Coolermaster007
Contributor

If you truly want / need the card just apply in my opinion you just wasting time that laptop could've been in your hands by now Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also read that the apple rewards version leaves a lot to be desired. But as long as you don't have many INQ, and want to keep your INQs down for 6-12 months, you should be okay. I have read that Barclaycard is known to take AA on poeple who go INQ happy.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont see why you wouldnt get approved. Even if u get denied, just call their backdoor number and recon. When i applied, a year ago, they denied me. I called to recon and was approved for $2500. I just got approved for a cli of $5000, then recon'd that, and got approved for $7000. They kept asking me what i wanted, which makes me think i couldve gotten more, bjt i didnt want to seem greedy lol my tu fico (through barclay) is about 645
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.