Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I lucky

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Am I lucky

Since I have started getting credit cards after my cap one secured I have gotten 9600 in available credit in 2 months is that getting real lucky for a 19 year old
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: Am I lucky

Extremely! 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, not to sound like your mother, but be really really careful... I got tons of easy credit in the late 90's, same age as you, and spent more money than I would make over the next several years of my life... Just recenly have all of the bad marks left my report. It can scar your credit very, very badly.

But you don't need me to tell you that Smiley Happy

EDIT: Adjusted for inflation

Message 3 of 11
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I don't think the issue is having credit. The issue is not managing it wisely and spending more than you can afford to pay back within a reasonable amount of time. For some young people, they have to rely on credit cards for basic living expenses if they do not have the financial support of their parents. And the OP must have great income or be an AU on their parent's cards or there's no way they would have over $10K in credit. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 11
brian2220
Regular Contributor

im 19 also its good to see another person my age with alot of credit Smiley Happy

i got over 20k in one year

i rely on cash and not credit for living expenses

if i can pay it back i dont get it 

and this is only my credit not an au on anything 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 5 of 11
Scene
Regular Contributor

You should get a no preset limit card and you wouldn't have to be restricted by terms such as "declined", "over the limit", or "sorry sir your card has been maxed out." Then again you can probably avoid the whole fiasco (humiliation and possible unecessary debt) by carrying several 100s on you.

Message 6 of 11
vizon
Regular Contributor

@Scene wrote:

You should get a no preset limit card and you wouldn't have to be restricted by terms such as "declined", "over the limit", or "sorry sir your card has been maxed out." Then again you can probably avoid the whole fiasco (humiliation and possible unecessary debt) by carrying several 100s on you.

What? Thus posts confuses me. Maybe wrong thread?

Message 7 of 11
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Yes I do have the income to justify it I currently make 55 a year and all cc debt I have is just to make the companies happy and give me fat cli Cary a couple little balances pay a small amount of money and give me a good fall back point when requesting and I am not a au on any big card only one is chase card which is hurting me most because it's 500 cl at 431 balance but is now 0 dollars!!!!! I like to play with my credit scores because I have so many new accounts and inq a lender wouldn't touch me with there enemies money but in another 6 months to a year expect that number to go up to about 15 to 17 tho and a lot of the small limit card and get real big limits on the major player cards and also I'm building history with penfed by having account with them and also a personal line of credit I got for 500 I bring it close to max and pay immediately and also have usaa checking and am looking into getting card with nice limit when I have time under my belt and also I have bofa checking account and a 123 rewards with 600 dollar cl and at time of getting it I was told by the u underwriter I did recon with to get approved (inq) he told me that reviewing my report and if I take care of all accounts for next 6 months and I ask for cli with them I will be rewarded nicely because I have perfect history with a lot of credit by that time and also told me this card is eligible for pc in future and has no ceiling for cl
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, not to sound like your mother, but be really really careful... I got tons of easy credit in the late 90's, same age as you, and spent more money than I would make over the next several years of my life... Just recenly have all of the bad marks left my report. It can scar your credit very, very badly.

But you don't need me to tell you that Smiley Happy

EDIT: Adjusted for inflation

+1

Credit can be good and bad at the same time!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Yes I have lived growing up with a mother that never had good credit a sister who screwed hers up and rebuilt so I really watch mine and tune it. And make it work for me yes I may pay a little interest beta cc company as profit potential and if you never pay them a fee they arnt going to want to play ball with you I let them think and once I get what I want I never pay a nickel of interest a min after that I look at it like this I want a car soon and when I go to the dealer ship and point atthe car I want and the loan officer looks at me and asks for a co signer before he runs my credit and I can say no but I am requesting this payment per month and if you cant match it good bye
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.