Did you mean: 

Am I missing anything?

tag
way2evil
New Contributor

Re: Am I missing anything?

@bs6054 wrote:

@way2evil wrote:
I travel maybe once or twice a year nothing much. Alot of my purchases are gas, amazon, shopping, and general stuff. Nothing like groceries or anything. I really don't want another chase card as I have two already. I like chase and refuse to use citi.

Fine, but you asked about maximizing rewards.  If you add constraints such "no more than 2 chase cards" and "no citi cards" you aren't going to maximize, especially if Amazon is part of your spending.

Ony reason I say that is because I dont think Chase will give me any more credit. I already have 15k from them combined, and I absolutely refuse to use Citi. For reference I am 21, 75k a year income. Only other credit is an auto loan.

Message 11 of 17
way2evil
New Contributor

Went for the BCE got an instant approval.

Message 12 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@withaspark wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

For example, you don't have BCP which gives 6% on groceries

+1 ...the AMEX BCP is our family workhorse...but for those with no other mouths to feed, one may have to make some non-grocery grocery store purchases to get the benefits of the AF.

I have a BCP but for the most frugal families majority of people's shopping should be at stores like CostCo and Walmart/Sams club, and Target, for everything else it's REALLY hard to max out even $6,000 a year considering that those stores do not count at 6%.  We spend about $400 a week on groceries in my family, but we only spend maybe $50 a week on local grocery =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bs6054

The forwards 5% on amazon is pretty close to chase's 3% since TYP arent a 1:1 for cash redemption.

Your lineup looks pretty good, i would throw in a 2% card like the fidelity amex or priceline visa for wherever you don't earn bonus cash back.
Message 14 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@way2evil wrote:

I am looking to maximize all my rewards. Currently I have

Amex Zync

JP Morgan Select (10k)

Chase Amazon (5k)

GE Amazon (2200)

Discover It(3k)

BOA Cash Rewards (7k)

Missing anything here to maximze rewards?

Do you travel? I dont really see a travel rewards card like a CSP?

you realize JP Morgan Select is basically the same card as CSP right? Smiley Tongue

It's so similiar people said **bleep**? now they're phazing them out into CSP it's the same bank anyways.

Message 15 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
@bs6054

The forwards 5% on amazon is pretty close to chase's 3% since TYP arent a 1:1 for cash redemption.

Your lineup looks pretty good, i would throw in a 2% card like the fidelity amex or priceline visa for wherever you don't earn bonus cash back.

They aren't 1:1 unless you choose a category where they are, e.g. mortgage/student loan/$100 gift card/some travel

So, yes, less convenient, but if you do that, 5% is better than 3%.

Message 16 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
@bs6054

It depends on the card you have. Samething with Chase Freedom. A Chase Freedom without Ink or Sapphire is just a cash back card, but with another card it becomes a great travel card.

With Citi Premier you actually get 1.33 point / cent value so a 5% would be 6.65% card if you redeem it for travel. 

There's another one I forget I think Preferred which makes it exactly 1 cent value.

Citi is ok but I really love Chase since their UR points transfers to Airlines 1:1 where Citi's value is like cash.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.