Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I paranoid?

tag
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Am I paranoid?

Okay, I recently received a CLI from BofA in the amount of $5000.  Experian and Transunion both show the new CL.  However, EQ does not.  Equifax is reporting the old CL, but in the "remarks" section, Eq states, "Amount in H/C column is credit limit."  Get this, there's no HC column.  There is, however, a limit column reporting the old limit. 

The report lists the following columns:

Past Due

High Balance

Terms

Limit (here it lists my old CL)

Payment

Opened

Reported

Responsibility

I'm feel like I'm not getting credit for the CLI w/ EQ.  Like, the EQ is listing the limit in some other category so the limit is not taken into consideration when calculating my score.   Consequently, my score is suffering.  Why would EQ do that?  Am I being paranoid? 

Message Edited by Ausfarm on 11-07-2007 11:53 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Madison
Regular Contributor

Re: Am I paranoid?

I am still waiting for a BofA CLI to show up on Equifax also. I don't know if it has been shown on the other two.

Message Edited by Madison on 11-07-2007 12:21 PM
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also waiting on my CLI from BofA to show with EQ.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just depends on when BOFA reports to EQ
Message 4 of 9
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Hmm....Conspiracy?  Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did the CLI go through?  I did mine a couple, maybe three weeks ago, and just pulled a new CR today and it's showing up...mine's the Platinum Plus Visa, don't know if the card makes a difference or not.
Message 6 of 9
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

I did it about a week ago, but I did it right before my statement date so that when they reported to the CRAs they would report the new balance.  I have a BofA Platinum, but no plus as far as a I can tell.  I guess I incorrectly assumed they reported to all 3 CRAs around the same time.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not even sure when mine happened, I went on to pay my bill and the limit was increased! Score! My TU report says as of Oct so i assume it was at least a month ago.
Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Ausfarm wrote:

Okay, I recently received a CLI from BofA in the amount of $5000. Experian and Transunion both show the new CL. However, EQ does not. Equifax is reporting the old CL, but in the "remarks" section, Eq states, "Amount in H/C column is credit limit." Get this, there's no HC column. There is, however, a limit column reporting the old limit... I feel like I'm not getting credit for the CLI w/ EQ. Like, the EQ is listing the limit in some other category so the limit is not taken into consideration when calculating my score. Consequently, my score is suffering. Why would EQ do that? Am I being paranoid?

This is exactly how EQ shows on my TC report. I have looked and looked for an H/C column, and it is not to be found. I think EQ just hasn't posted your new CL yet.

EQ has lagged behind the other two for me over the last several months, and it's really starting to bug me. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.