cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I suppose to sign the back of Blue??

tag
Plasticard
New Contributor

Re: Am I suppose to sign the back of Blue??

At least the story had a happy ending Smiley Happy Except now I'm craving some pancakes with bacon...

Message 11 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:
I still don't understand why AE doesn't give you a place to sign on their clear cards!!

Just sign it, get a fine tip, non-bleeding marker or pen (magnifying lens if it helps).  Yes, unfortunately there's no rationale for those miniature tiny signature strips on the back.

Message 12 of 36
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Plasticard wrote:

Except now I'm craving some pancakes with bacon...

Hope this helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO5U_uN7DQ

On the subject: I think the strip is teeny tiny. My husband has a blue, and has not signed the back. But then again, he only uses it for internet purchases, sooo.....

Message 13 of 36
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

@Plasticard wrote:

Hope this helps:

On the subject: I think the strip is teeny tiny. My husband has a blue, and has not signed the back. But then again, he only uses it for internet purchases, sooo.....

That is so awful it's awesome! Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 14 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@barbaralee wrote:

@Plasticard wrote:

Hope this helps:

That vid was hilarious...well the first minute of it I suppose...LOL

Message 15 of 36
Plasticard
New Contributor

Yeah, I really liked the part at 4 hours 33 minutes and 15 seconds where he was making the bacon pancakes. That was the best part.

Message 16 of 36
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@Plasticard wrote:

Yeah, I really liked the part at 4 hours 33 minutes and 15 seconds where he was making the bacon pancakes. That was the best part.

Don't forget to watch the part at 6 hours 4 minutes and 50 seconds where he is making bacon pancakes!!!  Smiley Wink

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 17 of 36
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

@Plasticard wrote:

Personally I don't sign any of my cards, that way if someone somehow gets a hold of one, they won't have any idea how my signature looks like.

Very good point! I have never thought about that!

Personally, I don't sign the back because I hope that the person asks to see my I.D.. If it does happen I usually get slightly frustrated, but remember it's for my security. The first card I had was a debt card and put C.I.D. in a black Sharpie meaning See I.D. After that card I no longer do so because I figure they will ask for I.D. Weather it has C.I.D. or is blank. Plus the black marker always rubbed off eventually and just smeared all over the card. 

If you do sign the back, they will likely not ask you to see your I.D.. I personally have only have been asked to see my I.D. a few times during my 4 years of using plastic. Most have been on expensive purchases such as a television set or laptop (which is most likely routine for them). The other time was when I ran to the convenience store for my mother using her card (she always signs the back). The cashier at the counter asked to see my I.D. for the card and of course I didn't have it and didn't expect to be asked. I assume the female name was a dead give away, I also must note that this convenience store swipes your card for you. Which brings me to my next point.

Most plastic swiping purchases are done from the customer, rarely the cashier. So basically it makes it that much more inconvenient, if you will, for the cashier to check the the back of plastic cards for a signature. 

Message 18 of 36
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@barbaralee wrote:

@Plasticard wrote:

Hope this helps:

Really?  10 hours of that?  OMG!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 36
titanofold
Established Contributor

So, there's a counter argument here: I'll steal your card, sign the back of it myself, and then go on my own merry little way with no one ever questioning a signature mismatch.

Most of the cashiers have no idea what they're actually supposed to do. It isn't part of the training. However, one day you will meet me, and I will turn you away for not signing your card. Or, at least make you sign the card first along with an ID.

I'm a jerk.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.