cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one who dislikes my ZYNC?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who dislikes my ZYNC?

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

im not trying to start a debate or anything but alot of people have said that they have been denied for another amex  due to a zync card. 

i actually well technically apped for a costco te when my mom and i opened our exec card and she took a pull but i didnt. she was denied due to zync being too new. (which at the time was like 3 weeks) but she also had high util and a bk reporting. 

i might apply for giggles next week for the te or a bce just too get my score.

my amex scores have been 715 (credit secure) for 3+ months but when i called they said they dont even use those scores..... okay lol 

the rep basically said the only way too know is to apply. 

If my memory served me correctly, these people had a hard limit version of the Zync card. The rumor is that if you have a hard limit Zync, Amex will deny any future credit applications (but one posted awhile back that he/she got a BCP even with a hard limit Zync).

hmm well if they got a bcp with a hard limit zync id say that their credit reports have changed for the better. i dont plan on closing out my zync though before 2015 if i ever do. 

i wonder if you app over the phone with a rep vs a online application it might be for the better? as i applied for my freedom via phone because i couldnt fit my best buy cc number for the balance transfer.... lol didnt even end up using the bt and just paid it off. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 53
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Yea, the Zync looks cool (imo). I am still getting reactions from it. Now my response towards people asking if that's a new amex card is, "Yea, it was a new charge card from Amex that came out a while back, but it is no longer available to new clients. It was a available only for certain period of time, and to select individuals. It looks good, though right?".

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 12 of 53
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I absolutely hate my zync. I have the hard limit. But was surprised I was approved at the time.
Message 13 of 53
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

Yea, the Zync looks cool (imo). I am still getting reactions from it. Now my response towards people asking if that's a new amex card is, "Yea, it was a new charge card from Amex that came out a while back, but it is no longer available to new clients. It was a available only for certain period of time, and to select individuals. It looks good, though right?".

x2 i actually went to a liquor store of all places and the owner rang me through. 

he said oo a white one whats this one do. and i was just like ohh just the usual stuff but you cant get this one anymore. 

special invitation lol. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 53
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

x2 i actually went to a liquor store of all places and the owner rang me through. 

he said oo a white one whats this one do. and i was just like ohh just the usual stuff but you cant get this one anymore. 

special invitation lol. 

LOL. 

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 15 of 53
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Aside from the rewards structure, one reason why some people keep their Zync  ( or other AMEX charge cards )  in use is that the balance is not included in FICO revolving utilization calculations, so you don't have to worry about paying the bill before the statement cuts.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 53
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

im not trying to start a debate or anything but alot of people have said that they have been denied for another amex  due to a zync card. 

i actually well technically apped for a costco te when my mom and i opened our exec card and she took a pull but i didnt. she was denied due to zync being too new. (which at the time was like 3 weeks) but she also had high util and a bk reporting. 

i might apply for giggles next week for the te or a bce just too get my score.

my amex scores have been 715 (credit secure) for 3+ months but when i called they said they dont even use those scores..... okay lol 

the rep basically said the only way too know is to apply. 

If my memory served me correctly, these people had a hard limit version of the Zync card. The rumor is that if you have a hard limit Zync, Amex will deny any future credit applications (but one posted awhile back that he/she got a BCP even with a hard limit Zync).

If my memory is correct as well, this was the case for hard-limit Zyncs; however, it changed right around the time Amex was cancelling the card if I have the timeline right. Granted our information is anecdotal but the denials for hard-limit Zyncs were repeated and often, and while I take CSR's with a grain of salt, apparently even their Executive group stated it explicitly.  That's close enough for confirmation for me between the two.

Edit and PS: I love the Zync, but I'm not in a credit strata where I can easily get better rewards anyway and gift certificates to restaurants I eat at anyway, no problem in terms of rewards for me.  I've already more than made up the AF including the additional packs in the three months I've been using it.

        
Message 17 of 53
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Just to add to the discussion, I was approved for an AMEX green charge card a few months back whilst having a $200 Hard Limit Zync.   So they didn't hold it against me.  Smiley Wink   YMMV

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 18 of 53
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

my zync sees 99.9% of my charges, until i get either PRG or Plat, next month.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 19 of 53
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:
my zync sees 99.9% of my charges, until i get either PRG or Plat, next month.

I charge pretty much everything to my amex green card. You'll definitely want to convert those express points into full mr points eventually. With the frequent flyer transfer bonuses you can really rack up tons of miles quickly. British Airways frequently offers 30-50% bonuses when transferring.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.