cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one who likes Credit One bank?

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who likes Credit One bank?

@Joecooltech wrote:

Yes, there is a monthly fee and the interest rates are crazy but they are making my cap one cards just look sad. I started out with a $300 limit and now have $800 my cap one will be stuck at 500 until the next ice age. They have helped me build credit history and were the only one to say yes 2 + years ago when everyone was saying no. I have had no problem with them getting my payments no mysterious charges. Anyone else have a good story or bad? I am I nuts have all the plasic fumes from my cc got to me?  

How much have you paid in fees and interest in 2 years?   I suspect a Capital One secured card would have gotten you a better Cap1 card by now and you get your deposit back..   

Message 11 of 17
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

To answer I am not sure never did the math don't want to. They are my longest running card so canceling the out at this point would kill my AAOA.. When i top 720 i will cancel it though And i have a cap card which the limt has never move.

Message 12 of 17
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

if i had to choose between Credit One and 1st Premier I would take Credit One in heart beat! I still have my credit one account its servered its purpose and has allowed me to rebuild, i started out with 1150 limit and i have resisted the urge to take their small 100-150 bumps for 15-20 bucks. personally i think they are one of the better sub prime lenders for unsecured cards. i don't care for the high annual fee and payment holds but when you have limited options they aren't that bad, and i dont recall any setup fee either. 1st Premier on the other hand i wouldn't recommend to an enemy. Their cards typically come to your mailbox with most of the line taken up due to all of the fees they make up, account opening, account setup, 1 yr annual fee, then you have to pay some bs fee to get online access to your account, and the monthly servicing fee any month you have a balance. I closed my 1st premier account a few days after i got my discover card.  I plan on closing my Credit One account out next yr or when i get a big bump in one of my prime cards or i finally get one of the amx blue revolvers. So yea i have no problem w/ Credit One but its def not a keeper.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 13 of 17
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@Joecooltech wrote:

To answer I am not sure never did the math don't want to. They are my longest running card so canceling the out at this point would kill my AAOA.. When i top 720 i will cancel it though And i have a cap card which the limt has never move.

For the billion-ith time that it has been explained on this forum, closing out a credit card will not affect your AAoA for 10 years! The account will continue to age as if it were open and will continue to grow with your AAoA for 10 more years. So there is never any AAoA concern when considering closing a credit card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 14 of 17
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@Joecooltech wrote:

For the billion-ith time that it has been explained on this forum, closing out a credit card will not affect your AAoA for 10 years! The account will continue to age as if it were open and will continue to grow with your AAoA for 10 more years. So there is never any AAoA concern when considering closing a credit card.

1,000,000,000,000 + 1

Message 15 of 17
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Joecooltech wrote:

Math is not your strong suit.

Message 16 of 17
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Joecooltech wrote:

Math is not your strong suit.

When I'm dealing with my own money, MATH IS MY BIGGEST CONCERN.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.