Did you mean: 

Am I wrong or is Cap One wrong?

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Am I wrong or is Cap One wrong?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

On 12/13 my statement cut with a balance of around $1800, so naturally I was charged interest.

Balance amount doesn't mean that one "naturally" incurs interest.  If the balance was from a cash advance then it would immediately accrue interest.  If you were carrying a balance you may not be subject to a grace period and may incur interest.  However, the amount of the balance on its own does not determine that.

@dapps06 wrote:

It's my understanding that you only pay interest on balances remaining when your statement cuts

That is incorrect.  Most use average daily balance.  If the statement balance is subject to a grace period you can pay the statement balance and not incur interest.

@longtimelurker wrote:

I don't think it really is that sneaky.

+1 It's up to the individual to read and understand the T&C's.

I stated the balance amount just to show there was a balance, not because I thought the amount had anything to do with whether interest was charged or not. My point was that if there is a balance I knew I'd pay interest.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.