cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i missing something? Blue Cash (Not Everyday)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Am i missing something? Blue Cash (Not Everyday)

@kdm31091 wrote:

You can't do a product change to this card as it is technically no longer available. People apply for it via an old link, but notice it is not actually advertised anywhere on their "real" site.

It is advertised on their "real" site as the OP said.   The link to "earlier version" is there.   It is available and a few were able to do a PC.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You can't do a product change to this card as it is technically no longer available. People apply for it via an old link, but notice it is not actually advertised anywhere on their "real" site.

It is advertised on their "real" site as the OP said.   The link to "earlier version" is there.   It is available and a few were able to do a PC.

do you recall what their cards were? probably BCE or BCP. ?

Message 12 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
@Anonymous thanks for clarifying because I actually did understand as I needed to spend 6500 in the categories first...still 6500 is quite a bit. I could probably achieve it in 2-4 mos. But still a lot.

Prior to the $50K cap, this card was great for getting lots and lots of rewards, until Amex did a massive closure of offending cards last October, including mine.   I have two (AU on my wife's) and now planning just to meet the $6.5K on one, as we spend enough on groceries to make the 5% worthwhile.

What did they do to your card besides add the 50k cap?

Anyway... Yeah, I always forget about this card. The Old Blue Cash.  The 5% at drug stores would be great if I switched away from points to cash back. I wonder why it says Everyday Purchases by that? Does that mean high cost prescriptions aren't covered??  What cards are able to be changed to this? The BC or BCP?

The $50K cap was imposed for all in Dec 2014 (for new apps straight away, for existing members on the anniversary date after April or some such convoluted stuff!)

They closed my card, which was bad as I lost my unreedeemed points, some others were able to get theirs.   But as AA for misuse it was very gentle, they kept my other card open, allowed me to get other cards, and a month later open a new Blue Cash.   Chase and CIti are much more likely to close all cards and blacklist.

Everyday Purchase merely means Groceries, Gas, and Drug stores.   Any purchases.   There used to be a limit on gas purchases ($400 per purchase) but that was removed, so expensive prescriptions are covered.

Message 13 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

do you recall what their cards were? probably BCE or BCP. ?

Yes, people tried BCE and BCP.    Some people were allowed to and others weren't.   It wasn't clear if this was a rep making the decision or something else (non-obvious because everyone was trying old cards).     Some of the other "rules" weren't followed either, I and several others were allowed to transfer CLs to the card as soon as it was open, no waiting 60 days for the transfer-to card.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if you don't use it a lot, you can still get your CLI and then transfer it to another card as a CLI. It's nice to get a CLI via another card and see your score go up. 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paging Themanwhocan for a chart!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Paging Themanwhocan for a chart!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

It is on some of his charts (e.g BC is the gas/grocery/restaurant one).   The problem is the initial $6.5K, as this can be spend on anything (in particular AGC!)   Then ALL the grocery/gas starts earning 5%.  The charts imply that you are spending only on grocery or gas, losing until the spend level gets high.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

My eyes must be failing me, but I don't see this card on the Amex credit card page. Could you please provide a link LTL? Thanks in advance for your assistance!Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

My eyes must be failing me, but I don't see this card on the Amex credit card page. Could you please provide a link LTL? Thanks in advance for your assistance!Smiley Wink

If you are an existing Amex customer you have to use private/incognito.  Then you can look under Blue Cash Everyday and see the wording in the first post.

The direct URL is https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/blue-cash/25330

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

If you are an existing Amex customer you have to use private/incognito.  Then you can look under Blue Cash Everyday and see the wording in the first post.

The direct URL is https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/blue-cash/25330

Thanks LTL!Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.