cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx 61 Day CLI - how to count 61 days?

tag
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Re: AmEx 61 Day CLI - how to count 61 days?

@jake619 wrote:

I assume the math in this example points to 2/15 as day 61.  

You account opened date = 12/17/2012

Number of days since account opened/created:

December 2012 = 31-17 = 14 days

January 2013 = 31 days

February 15, 2013 = 15 days

You would complete 14+31+15 = 60 days on February 15. You would be eligible for CLI on February 16th provided you had no other CLIs in the last 6 calendar months. Please confirm with Amex CSR if possible and report back.

FYI I had used the exact same calculation back in May last year for my Amex HH CLI. Account opend date on TU = 05/29/2004 (2004 because of backdate).

Number of days since account opened/created:

May 2012 = 31 - 29 = 2 days

June 2012 = 30 days

July 28, 2012 = 28 days.

I called automated number for CLI at 1 AM Central Time (yah i was anxious Smiley Wink ) on the 29th to hear the good news. 

Message 21 of 27
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Its had been know for Amex specially for their CC "" They generate a new open acc after a few days """ 

Not necessarily true. Existing card members get account created faster. Instant online approvals for existing members typically also result in getting the last 5 digits emails right away, however if you apply late night, eventhough you get last 5 digits email, account sometimes gets created the day after.

Message 22 of 27
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

FWIW I believe the info can be gleaned from the AMEX account page.  When I was approved these dates populated.  I think day 61 is calculated from the SINCE date.

This method is apparently not valid for everyone. Mine says: 

Since December 18   (Closing date Jan 17) --- but that is not my account open date nor is it my activation date. In fact my first statement was cut 5 days after activiation. I do not recall if I was asked during the applicaton process for a desired due date, but that would surely affect your statement date if there is such an option at application time (it is offered over the phone).
Message 23 of 27
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

FWIW I believe the info can be gleaned from the AMEX account page.  When I was approved these dates populated.  I think day 61 is calculated from the SINCE date.

Since December 18   (Closing date Jan 17) --- but that is not my account open date nor is it my activation date. In fact my first statement was cut 5 days after activiation. I do not recall if I was asked during the applicaton process for a desired due date, but that would surely affect your statement date if there is such an option at application time (it is offered over the phone).

It is valid for everyone, with a caveat, if you see my earlier post

3) SINCE date under Recent charges BEFORE 1st statement cut.

You are already past your 1st statement. It will now keep changing every statement cycle for you.

Message 24 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

I think it was determined to only be valuable for calculations before your first statement cuts.

Message 25 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Mine was 61st day from account opening..

Opened 10/01/12-
3xcli on 11/02/12.

Not activated til 10/04/12
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I mean 12/02/12 lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.