Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx 61 day CLI result: 7-10 day written response

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

AmEx 61 day CLI result: 7-10 day written response

I thought today was day 61. Maybe I miscounted? A few days ago I got the 61 day 3x CLI on my personal card. Do I need to wait 6 months from that date? This was on the business card.

Request a Line of Credit Increase

Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. 
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx 61 day CLI result: 7-10 day written response

One increase every six months per person, not card. So even though it was a business card, if it is in your name, you have to wait six months from then. Also, the sixty-one day increase is not guaranteed, so the written response could happen even if you had not just gotten an increase.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficojoe wrote:

I thought today was day 61. Maybe I miscounted? A few days ago I got the 61 day 3x CLI on my personal card. Do I need to wait 6 months from that date? This was on the business card.

Request a Line of Credit Increase

Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. 
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.

yeah you jumped the gun. You will get a denial and the already received an increase within the previous 6 month reason.

Message 3 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Not so (as per CSR), I just got off phone with AMEX who advised me that the 60 day rule applies to personal or business - not both. I just received a CLI 31 days ago on a personal card and confirmed I can request a CLI on a business card next week. She even gave me the date to call based on my card activation. 

I would advise the OP to call and ask about the 7-10 day notice. Might be outright denial. Or I could be wrong (or the CSR gave me bad info) and the 60 day rule may cross business and personal. Inquiring minds need to know. 

Message 4 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Not so (as per CSR), I just got off phone with AMEX who advised me that the 60 day rule applies to personal or business - not both. I just received a CLI 31 days ago on a personal card and confirmed I can request a CLI on a business card next week. She even gave me the date to call based on my card activation. 

I would advise the OP to call and ask about the 7-10 day notice. Might be outright denial. Or I could be wrong (or the CSR gave me bad info) and the 60 day rule may cross business and personal. Inquiring minds need to know. 

Actually the 61 day CLI rule is for both personal and business because I was approved for my Blue for Biz in October and approved for a CLI on my personal Blue begininng of November. Once the 61 day mark came to for my Blue for Biz in December I was denied. The letter they sent me stated one CLI per person in a 6 month period.  

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 8
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

7-10 days went quick. Got an email denial:

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within six months since increasing the line of credit on one of your existing American Express accounts.

------------------------------

I had read (in another apparently incorrect thread) that the 61 day increase could be made even if another card was increased in the last 6 months. I have no need for an increase on my business card, I just thought I'd take it since I thought it was nearly automatic. Since I have to wait 6 months, I will make the request on my personal card instead of my business card since I use it more. Once my personal card is at $24,999 I'll consider requesting a 3x CLI on the business card.

Message 6 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

7-10 days went quick. Got an email denial:

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within six months since increasing the line of credit on one of your existing American Express accounts.

------------------------------

I had read (in another apparently incorrect thread) that the 61 day increase could be made even if another card was increased in the last 6 months. I have no need for an increase on my business card, I just thought I'd take it since I thought it was nearly automatic. Since I have to wait 6 months, I will make the request on my personal card instead of my business card since I use it more. Once my personal card is at $24,999 I'll consider requesting a 3x CLI on the business card.

Well there you go... the CSR I spoke with was wrong. Pretty solid advice, I will wait it out and request CLI on my personal card like you suggested. Thanks for figuring it out. 

Message 7 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Also if you want to combine accounts the accounts will need to be 13 months old. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.