Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx App: Strange Response

tag
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

AmEx App: Strange Response

I just applied for the AmEx Blue Cash Everyday card and got this response:

"Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please click here to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash EverydaySM from American Express."

I tried clicking on the link to view the online status and the page just keeps loading and then I get a 505 error. Tried calling customer service and the rep said she can't look into the status of the application for me, and to try waiting an hour.

Now I'm wondering if the application even went through. Anyone ever have this problem?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: AmEx App: Strange Response

Have you tried this link?

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

I just checked and that page is working. Are you on a computer or tablet? What is your browser? It sounds like either they're having a problem with their servers or there's an incompatibility with your browser.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 34
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

Yeah I tried that link too. I'm using my computer. Was using Google Chrome and just tried Internet Explorer. No luck; the browser is stuck loading.

Why wouldn't the rep be able to help me over the phone? Surely she can see if the app went through...

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is always having errors with their application system. When I last applied I got the same message. Then an email 2 minutes later saying I was approved. I logged in to the status check site and confirmed the approval.

Message 4 of 34
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

Hmm, been about an hour for me so far. No email and website still delivers a 505 error after entering my information in.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe their system is down for awhile this time? When it comes back up you will get a response then? I think they fixed it quickly when I applied since it was middle of the day on a workday.

Message 6 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, I guess you could always do the app again. If you were approved, there shouldn't be a 2nd HP. And if it didn't go through the first time, then you'll have an app.

You might try calling them again. Maybe you just got an incompetent rep.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 34
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

Okay, just tried customer service again and got a real response this time. They said their computer systems are currently down and updating and to try again in a few hours. Hopefully my application actually went through at least. Will find out soon!

Message 8 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How frustrating! I'd be on pins and needles! Smiley Frustrated Hope you find out you're approved soon! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 34
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

Well the website has been working for a couple hours now, but the status has been stuck at "In Progress." Has me a bit nervous, lol. I've been on a hot streak lately. Got my NFCU credit limit increase to $12,500 and approved for a USAA card with $11,000. Figured I would complete my wallet with a rewards card and be done for good, but now I'm wondering if I should have waited for inquiries to fall off. 4 inquiries (2 in the last month). Hoping I won't need to wait the full 14 days to find out.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.