Re: AmEx App: Strange Response

Looks like I'm defintiely getting a manual review. Still "In Progress"

Message 21 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Think positive thoughts! I hope you get the card. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Think positive thoughts! I hope you get the card. Smiley Happy

+1

Think about that big ole' APPROVED that's going to pop up on that screen today!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 34
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Same here..STILL IN PROGRESS and I just pulled my experian report today and see that AMEX has still not requested it.  I did see that my new AMAZON & WALMART just hit my reports and I got 1 point increase - was truly expecting a decrease due to the AAoA so that was good. But then again thats a fico score. 

I'm really expecting a denial but still have some small hopes over here!

Message 24 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Payingoffdebt

Dont expect a denial!! Expect them to thoughly look over your credit report and make a sound judgement on your improved creditworthiness and award you for it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 34
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Yes thanks LS!

Message 26 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

...now if they only would have done that for me this past January......grr

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 34
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: just received an email from Amex.... approved for the Green!  also reflects in the status check link. 

I've had my Zync for about 7 months now, and got the Green for backdating, aoaa, and upgraded MR points.

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 28 of 34
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

I went ahead and called the phone number they supply after logging in. Turns out they already approved me! For some reason the website is still showing "In Progress" and I haven't received an email yet. For those of you in the same position, you might want to call them to get the most recent information.

Unfortunately they gave me their highest APR (something like 22%), and my credit limit is relatively low at $3,600, but they said I'd likely get a limit increase after 60 days. Just glad my wallet is finally complete with the three credit cards I wanted. Next up... a house!

Message 29 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.