Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Approved!!!

tag
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Re: AmEx Approved!!!

Just the plain ol' green card.

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

@KeepSwimming wrote:

Just the plain ol' green card.

Gotcha, the card that sets industry standards.  Great card to have, you should be able to product change to Gold in 13 months.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 12 of 17
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Ah, good to know! Thanks, I figure I'll upgrade at some point. I really wrestled with whether to go for Gold right away, but I was afraid I'd push my luck and waste the INQ. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just FYI, in my experience if you don't get approved for one of the products, you can apply for a different one immediately and it will use the same INQ. That's what happened to me, when I was rejected for the Blue, but was approved for the Delta Gold, with the same pull. I guess YMMV though...

Message 14 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just FYI, in my experience if you don't get approved for one of the products, you can apply for a different one immediately and it will use the same INQ. That's what happened to me, when I was rejected for the Blue, but was approved for the Delta Gold, with the same pull. I guess YMMV though...

I always thought that if you get one approval, you can go for another, but a decline puts a hold on new apps for 30 days.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always thought that if you get one approval, you can go for another, but a decline puts a hold on new apps for 30 days.

For me it worked. Went for the Blue first, declined, and immediately after tried for the Delta and was approved instantly. Don't know what would happen if you get 7-10 day message though, they might put a hold on other apps if that's the case...

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice success story! Congrats!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.