Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Automatic CLI affect on CLI request 6 month waiting period

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

AmEx Automatic CLI affect on CLI request 6 month waiting period

I believe AmEx only allows one CLI per 6 months on any card. I have both a business and a personal AmEx. Aftrer a large business purchase, my limit was automatically increased on my business card. I got an email telling me that the limit was changed from $2000 to $6000 moments after making a purchase of about $1200. $2000 has always been enough for my business purchases, and since the card does not report on my credit, I have not bothered trying to get a higher limit. I was waiting to request a CLI on my personal AmEx since that does report on my credit and a higher limit will help my used credit ratio. So, my question is.....

Do I need to wait 6 months from the auto CLI on my business AmEx before I can request a CLI on my personal AmEx?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: AmEx Automatic CLI affect on CLI request 6 month waiting period

@ficojoe wrote:

I believe AmEx only allows one CLI per 6 months on any card. I have both a business and a personal AmEx. Aftrer a large business purchase, my limit was automatically increased on my business card. I got an email telling me that the limit was changed from $2000 to $6000 moments after making a purchase of about $1200. $2000 has always been enough for my business purchases, and since the card does not report on my credit, I have not bothered trying to get a higher limit. I was waiting to request a CLI on my personal AmEx since that does report on my credit and a higher limit will help my used credit ratio. So, my question is.....

Do I need to wait 6 months from the auto CLI on my business AmEx before I can request a CLI on my personal AmEx?

I don't think you have to wait 6 months from auto CLIs, especially if it's a different account. My brother got an auto CLI on his BCE account in March. In May he requested a CLI on the same account and it was approved. I know because I pay his bill, lol. Good luck to you! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.