Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCP Fee Increasing to $95 for new apps after 8/3

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx BCP Fee Increasing to $95 for new apps after 8/3

Interesting. I was planning on apping for this soon. Luckily, it should be before that, but I wrote this date.down.as a reminder. Thanks!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 21 of 43
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that is really unfortunate. Just made the BCE seem a whole lot better.
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Amex raised the AF on the PRG it added new benefits (like restaurants as an extra bonus category). Any theories on whether this AF increase will come with any new benefits? Otherwise this AF seems odd. The BCP is only better than the BCE by a little bit with respect to gas stations and better than the BCE by a fair amount on groceries but that category is capped. Non-bonus spending is exactly the same.
Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, will the AF get prorated if I convert my BCP to a BCE? I have SM anyway and have been considering it; this just makes it more certain.
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Out of curiosity, will the AF get prorated if I convert my BCP to a BCE? I have SM anyway and have been considering it; this just makes it more certain.

That's been the case in the past and probably still the case up until the date in the thread about no more prorating. (I think it says September.) 

ETA: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-to-Eliminate-Prorated-Annual-Fees/td-p/4626827

Message 25 of 43
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Six of one and half a dozen of another.  BCE is not much better than a straight 2% card, IMHO.  But, I have another Amex (so still get offers), and the apr is rather low for the BCP.  Plus, I have still not found a fee anywhere, so we might be grandfathered, as has been mentioned before.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@deltatee wrote:
Wow, that is really unfortunate. Just made the BCE seem a whole lot better.

+1 ...the extra $20 will get people to spend more to make the card worth keeping.

Message 27 of 43
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Now if I can just get Amex to approve me for the BCE card, I wouldn't be sitting on the fence!!! Lol😁

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 28 of 43
CluelessJohn
Contributor

@satasat360 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Excellent catch, even if less than excellent news!  Smiley Happy

Hopefully they'll leave the fee at $75 for a little longer for the existing cardholders. <fingers crossed>

In any case it's still worth it... I would prefer to keep the extra $20, though.  Smiley Wink

I'm still paying 175 for my PRG (current is 195), so i believe you will pay 75 for the BCP

Just received my 6/8/16 stmt with announcement my fee is going from $75 to $95 next renewal.  Fee is non-redundable unless I cancel within 30 days of statement date of bill on which it appears.

No grandfathering  .... at least for me.  I got my BCP card 10/2014 but am a "member since" early 1980's.

Chase Freedom Visa ($15K) Chase Freedom Flex ($15K) Chase Amazon Prime ($9K) USAA Limitless ($20K) AMEX BCE ($30K) CapOne QuickSilver ($15K) Citi DC ($20.5K) Citi Custom Cash ($5K) Discover It ($7.5K) BOA Cash Rewards ($5K) BOA MLB ($13K) USBank Cash+($10K) WF Active Cash ($8K)
FICO 8 ~800
Message 29 of 43
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I believe the new fee will apply to all cardholders when they renew. There doesn't appear to be grandfathering with this.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.