Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCP Walmart Neighborhood market DOES earn 6%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx BCP Walmart Neighborhood market DOES earn 6%

Hello fellow myficoers,

So today, my rewards for my new (Feb) Amex BCP finally posted to my account. Thankfully, I track all my spend in a spreadsheet including rewards earning. I went ahead and calculated Walmart neightborhood Market as 6% with a test charge and was waiting for my rewards to post for comparison. My first statement awards matched exactly to my calculations meaning Neighbormarket does code as a supermarket and earns 6%!

I have no idea if locality has anything to do with it but the two stores I go to here in Birmingham AL are confirmed.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AmEx BCP Walmart Neighborhood market DOES earn 6%

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello fellow myficoers,

So today, my rewards for my new (Feb) Amex BCP finally posted to my account. Thankfully, I track all my spend in a spreadsheet including rewards earning. I went ahead and calculated Walmart neightborhood Market as 6% with a test charge and was waiting for my rewards to post for comparison. My first statement awards matched exactly to my calculations meaning Neighbormarket does code as a supermarket and earns 6%!

I have no idea if locality has anything to do with it but the two stores I go to here in Birmingham AL are confirmed.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

The default rule believed here is that "most" Neighborhood markets DO indeed count as supermarkets and get 6/5/3% (BCP/BC/BCE) and "most" other Walmarts do not.  Some would replace "most" with "all" but in the cc world that is too much certainty!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.