Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Backdating Question

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx Backdating Question

Sorry, I posted the essay above before I knew the rest of the info. I started it with only the OP post showing, left the computer, came back finished, posted and oops LOL

I still think an AU  is an AU however when it comes to membership start date and that your corp AU should count. I was also able to enroll for online access right after applying after being instantly approved (which amazinly, was less than 1 second after I clicked, probably the usual, I was just surpised at the speed Smiley Very Happy). You may have an email that allows you to enroll too, not sure.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 15
CraveMazda
Contributor

RyVision - I totally appreciate the time you took to answer my question Smiley Happy  Your info is very helpful to me and I'm sure to anyone else who may have the same question I did. 

Thanks again!

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 12 of 15
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Since the other thread got locked I'll mention here that even though AmEx wouldn't change my wife's membership date to 2002 when she was a AU, we just pulled her TU and it was backdated there.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

Since the other thread got locked I'll mention here that even though AmEx wouldn't change my wife's membership date to 2002 when she was a AU, we just pulled her TU and it was backdated there.

Glad to hear that.  As far as I know, that's how the reports work. Since they're reporting your history and your history follows the AU. Their history will match yours on CRs  even if their card and account history is their own within Amex.  Most of the CSRs don't even know that's how that works btw.

I do hope you can find her old card (or have it) and get her member since date re-instated that way however Smiley Wink  It's also not impossible that they may run across the info on their own and when they replace her card one day,  it arrives showing the 2002 date. I've read of it happening on rare occasion.

I don't know how long you've had your cards, but it's not totally out of the question that if she were to apply for her own card down the road, when they looked for her info, that they would more easily come across her original membership date. Esp if she were to request it under those circumstances. Just a little something to remember in the future.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@LTomBerry wrote:

It's unlocked.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.