Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Backdating

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

AmEx Backdating

Proud recipient of a 14 point increase (Equifax) from my oldest account being in 2000 (student loans) to my oldest account being in 1999 with the backdating of my Skymiles credit card! I'm not seeking any new credit now, but awesome points jump! I got my first AmEx in college in 1999, the Blue. I had a $1k limit, paid it up for about a year amd a half, then things happened. Card went to collections, charged off. I may or may not have settled with the collection agency back in 2007, when I started cleaning up my credit, but most likely not. I applied for a card in September 2013, but was denied due to previous experience with AmEx. I applied again, in May for the Skymiles, instantly approved for $9.5k. When I got the card, I made my online account, and it said "Thank you for being a member since 1999". My second statement just closed today, and the card just reported. So glad I boosted my score and available credit!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GooseGirl
Contributor

Re: AmEx Backdating

Congratulations and I'm a bit jealous! Being able to take advantage of backdating in the future is one reason why Amex is the next card on my list. In the garden until that is possible.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 11
resilient
Established Contributor

@GooseGirl wrote:

Congratulations and I'm a bit jealous! Being able to take advantage of backdating in the future is one reason why Amex is the next card on my list. In the garden until that is possible.

Thanks! I only got the card because I'm a Skymiles member, earned 11,000 miles flying to hawaii and back one time, and Delta sends me the 50,000 bonus miles offer....I knew for sure I'd get denied, but I apped anyway! Glad I did!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 11
resilient
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I also go the delta gold and the prg lady month with the 2 cards 1 credit pull. My AAOA was in the dumps. I had amex in 1994 and got both cards backdated. My AAOA went from 1.3 years to almost 4 years. My scores went from 711 to 725. Nice jump for me also. So every time u add a new Amex now it will work for you instead of against you.
Message 6 of 11
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I also go the delta gold and the prg last month with the 2 cards 1 credit pull. My AAOA was in the dumps. I had amex in 1994 and got both cards backdated. My AAOA went from 1.3 years to almost 4 years. My scores went from 711 to 725. Nice jump for me also. So every time u add a new Amex now it will work for you instead of against you.
Message 7 of 11
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about typos on Iphone
Message 8 of 11
resilient
Established Contributor

Awesome! I wish I would've known I could've applied for two oh the same pull though smh
Message 9 of 11
Madoffed
Valued Member

I've had no such luck.  I got three Amex cards (Everyday, Costco, Green) three months ago, all backdated to 2002.  Absolutely zero score impact.  3x cli to $12,000 on everyday, nada.  Pay my 35% utilization across the board down to zero, nada.  Either I'm about to get an avalanche of score increases, or I'm losing faith in the tactics that have worked so well to date.

Perhaps I've reached the point where only time can make a difference...if so, it's going to be a frustrating couple of years.

Starting Score: EQ 586 April 2014
Current Score: 718 (EQ - MyFICO) 704 (TU - MyFICO) 701 (EX - Experian)
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.