Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Blue Card Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Blue Card Application

So I hadn't checked my FAKO or FICO scores in a while (about a year ago and I was hovering around 700). I checked my FAKO last week and found that it's at 747 with Experian. It appears all of my bad stuff has fallen off. Yay! The only thing keeping my score down now is my credit utilization - I'm at about 51% ($4k in debt).

I decided to take my new score for a spin and apply for an AmEx Blue card. I was looking at Discover as well but their site was having technical difficulties and when I called, the lady on the phone (nice enough) just wasn't understanding what I was trying to say and kept talking over me.

So I applied online and lo and behold - I was approved! I got antsy after a short while and decided to call AmEx to find out what my limit was. They gave me $5,900! Totally made my day and I feel completely comfortable with that limit knowing that I won't get myself in trouble with it. Salary is $53k. I know they take that into consideration so I thought I would throw that out there if anyone else is thinking of applying.

I know I may take a short term hit on my score with the inquiry and age decreasing (average age is somewhere around 12 years), but that will bring my utilization down to below 30% and lower as the year goes on.

I haven't updated my signature in a long time (or posted in a long time), so you can see where I was at a few years ago.

Good luck to everyone else. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

Re: AmEx Blue Card Application

Congrats...This is my next card but have to wait 6 months  just did an app spree.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Shnapple!

Which Blue did you get?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the regular "AmEx Blue Card" is the one I got,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, Welcome to the AmEx Family, I have the Blue Cash Card and I love it, especially since they backdated it to 91 Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.