Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Blue Everyday / Blue Preferred Upgrade Question

tag
spritezero1017
Valued Member

AmEx Blue Everyday / Blue Preferred Upgrade Question

Hello...

I currently have a Blue Everyday. I just passed my one year anniversary with that card and I would like to move to a Blue Preferred. I know I can just upgrade by requesting but aside from that would I be allowed to apply fresh for the Preferred and also get the sigh up bonus of $150 (on $1000 spend)? Or does my being a current member preclude me from the sigh up bonus? The terms state that you "may" be disqualifed from the bonus is you're identified as a curremt AmEx member but I'm not sure what the norm is in this case. 

For the record I also have a AmEx SPG card. 

Thanks for any help.

Credit Cards
Chase Slate (16.4K) / First National AmEx (12.7K), Citi AAdvantage (11K), Barclay Arrival (10.5K) / Capital One Quicksilver (10K), Wells Fargo Rewards (9K) / Chase Sapphire Preferred (8K) / DCU Platinum Rewards (7.5K) / Citi ThankYou Premier (6.2K) / Discover IT (4.4K) / CapOne Venture (5K) / JC Penney Mastercard (1.6K) / Citi Simplicity (3.8K) / AmEx Starwood Preferred (3K) / AmEx Blue Preferred (3K) / Citi Diamond Preferred (1.2K)

Store Cards
Firestone (1.2K) / Marathon Gas ($930) / Fingerhut ($750) / Best Buy ($550) / Citgo ($300) / Macy's ($200) /
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx Blue Everyday / Blue Preferred Upgrade Question

@spritezero1017 wrote:

Hello...

I currently have a Blue Everyday. I just passed my one year anniversary with that card and I would like to move to a Blue Preferred. I know I can just upgrade by requesting but aside from that would I be allowed to apply fresh for the Preferred and also get the sigh up bonus of $150 (on $1000 spend)? Or does my being a current member preclude me from the sigh up bonus? The terms state that you "may" be disqualifed from the bonus is you're identified as a curremt AmEx member but I'm not sure what the norm is in this case. 

Thanks for any help.

Since it is an upgrade you will not get the sign up bonus like brand new card holder.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:

@spritezero1017 wrote:

Hello...

Thanks for any help.

Since it is an upgrade you will not get the sign up bonus like brand new card holder.

Of course, but OP is asking what if it is a brand new app, is the bonus still possible.

If you apply not logged in, my guess is that it is very likely you willget the bonus  But Amex would be in their rights to deny the bonus.

Message 3 of 4
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@spritezero1017 wrote:

Hello...

Thanks for any help.

Of course, but OP is asking what if it is a brand new app, is the bonus still possible.

If you apply not logged in, my guess is that it is very likely you willget the bonus  But Amex would be in their rights to deny the bonus.

Thank you for pointing it out Smiley Tongue I kinda skimmed through the text and missed what he tried to ask.

I was able to get the sign up bonus for my PRG and ED when I applied those in incognito window, but when you do this, you will get HP'ed, not SP'ed, if you're denied.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.