Regular Contributor
tiger67

AmEx Blue

I posted this in another thread but didn't get an answer, so I'll try a seperate thread. 

Last night I was approved for an AmEx Blue CL2,000. I'll take it even though it will be my next to lowest CL. Highest is Discover at 15,000. I didn't really need the card, but figured it would boost my AAoA since I have a Green dated 8/1988. Hopefully the limit will grow over time. As far as I can tell, they didn't even do a hard pull.

Would I be pushing my luck to ask for a cli at activation?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: AmEx Blue

Yes, it certainly would.

And never fear, you'll have a hard pull on EX. Many of EX's credit monitoring products no longer genuinely update on a daily basis. Did you pull a full EX report?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+