Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx CLD partially reversed

tag
alicias
Established Member

AmEx CLD partially reversed

Hey Folks!

Since the old AmEx CLD thread of 2008 seems to have been archived, I wanted to share with you some good news.

My Blue card suffered a CLD in 10/08 where my line of credit went from 9K to $500; an 18x reduction.  I appealed with letters and phone calls without result until a week ago when my credit line was bumped back up to $5K.

During the last 14 months I've been working to improve my FICO score in other areas, which seems to have paid off.  My EXP has increased 60 points since the AmEx CLD.  Instead of closing my account, I continued to use the card and paid it off each month.  I hope these factors combined in the restoration of my spending limit but cannot speculate as to their business practices. 

I hope some other AmEx users experience this kind of turnaround also.  It may not hurt to call or write them a letter!

-A 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx CLD partially reversed

@alicias wrote:

Hey Folks!

Since the old AmEx CLD thread of 2008 seems to have been archived, I wanted to share with you some good news.

My Blue card suffered a CLD in 10/08 where my line of credit went from 9K to $500; an 18x reduction.  I appealed with letters and phone calls without result until a week ago when my credit line was bumped back up to $5K.

During the last 14 months I've been working to improve my FICO score in other areas, which seems to have paid off.  My EXP has increased 60 points since the AmEx CLD.  Instead of closing my account, I continued to use the card and paid it off each month.  I hope these factors combined in the restoration of my spending limit but cannot speculate as to their business practices. 

I hope some other AmEx users experience this kind of turnaround also.  It may not hurt to call or write them a letter!

-A 

Congrats!  Always a pleasure to see persistence, hard work and a level head pay off!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.