Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx CLI and FICO Score Accuracy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx CLI and FICO Score Accuracy?

Hi everyone,

I've been working on rebuilding for the past two years, with a low FICO of 587 which I have brought up to 684 as of an alert on 1/4/13 -- according to this site.  Ive been a cardholder with AmEx since Sept 2012 and was given a measley credit line of $1,000.  Ive waited the 60 day "new customer" period and have tried to get a CLI to 3000 or 2000 in both December and January.  

I received by denial letters for the January attempts, which states "your FICO score on 1/5/13 was 703."  This score does not coincide with what is reported on this site.  I've verified that my score watch alert is set to anything 685+, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing varying scores.  

Has anyone else experienced this type of discrepancy between the score on this site and what lenders report?  Thanks for any info...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx CLI and FICO Score Accuracy?

Amex most likely pulled your Experian score which is not the same as your Equifax or Transunion score that you call pull on this site.  The letter from Amex should indicate which bureau was pulled (usually Experian).

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1.   Scorewatch monitors the Equifax CRA and AMEX very likely pulled Experian.   Your FICO scores from different CRAs won't be the same.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been working on rebuilding for the past two years, with a low FICO of 587 which I have brought up to 684 as of an alert on 1/4/13 -- according to this site.  Ive been a cardholder with AmEx since Sept 2012 and was given a measley credit line of $1,000.  Ive waited the 60 day "new customer" period and have tried to get a CLI to 3000 or 2000 in both December and January.  

I received by denial letters for the January attempts, which states "your FICO score on 1/5/13 was 703."  This score does not coincide with what is reported on this site.  I've verified that my score watch alert is set to anything 685+, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing varying scores.  

Has anyone else experienced this type of discrepancy between the score on this site and what lenders report?  Thanks for any info...

Can you confirm which report they cited in their denial?  AMEX nearly always pulls EX, though of course there are always exceptions for various circumstances.

Your EQ score here of 684 is a true FICO score.  But you can't get an EX score here.  That could explain the discrepancy in score. 

EDIT:  Jeepers, you guys ^^^^^^ above are quick !

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone; it is Experian.  When I saw FICO I instantaneously associated it with Equifax -- I thought the Experian scores were not allowed to use the phrase "FICO" - shows what I know, I guess...lol.

Message 5 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Consumers cannot purchase FICO scores from Experian.   But lenders and creditors purchase them.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 10
android01
Valued Contributor

It's my hope that FICO and Experian kiss and make up for whatever differences they have so we can get all 3 of our FICO scores here again.....Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@android01 wrote:

It's my hope that FICO and Experian kiss and make up for whatever differences they have so we can get all 3 of our FICO scores here again.....Smiley Happy

Me too actually, and I'd love an update of TU98 -> TU04 for that matter while I'm wishing.

As for Amex, not only was it likely Experian, I strongly suspect they use either FICO '08 and/or Bankcard-enhanced as well.  Waiting to see my own score whenever they send me my recently approved BCP, as the approval was way out of line for the scores which I have here.

        
Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... Pretty sure they use that FICO 08. My Amex BCE approval was based on a 696 TU 08 FICO that matched my Walmart FICO!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah... Pretty sure they use that FICO 08. My Amex BCE approval was based on a 696 TU 08 FICO that matched my Walmart FICO!

Out of curiosity, were they pulled with the same balance and payment history reported, i.e. close enough together for there to be no disparity in the reports on any of the tradelines?

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.