Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx CLI over $25K without 4506T

tag
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx CLI over $25K without 4506T

I can also confirm no 4506T required when I did the 10k->30k CLI.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested a CLI to 30k just last week and was approved immediately too.

How long did you have the card/what kind of spending did you do on it before you requested that CLI? What was your starting CL? Thanks.

I have the card for 1 year with 8.6k starting limit and that was bumped up to 24.8k after three months.  I like to keep my utility low no more than 5%.

When you say 5%, did you mean overall, or just 5% for this cards limit? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I'd like to try to follow your footsteps so I can get a nice CLI next year. I just got the card a month ago, I wanna make sure I use it right! Thanks again!

Message 12 of 27
Simply827
Established Contributor

I left some on the table when requesting my last CLI. Kicking myself a little bit.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested a CLI to 30k just last week and was approved immediately too.

How long did you have the card/what kind of spending did you do on it before you requested that CLI? What was your starting CL? Thanks.

I have the card for 1 year with 8.6k starting limit and that was bumped up to 24.8k after three months.  I like to keep my utility low no more than 5%.

When you say 5%, did you mean overall, or just 5% for this cards limit? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I'd like to try to follow your footsteps so I can get a nice CLI next year. I just got the card a month ago, I wanna make sure I use it right! Thanks again!

That's out of the total accross all my cards.  The highest balance I had on my BCE was about $2000 and I had about $300 balance when I requested the CLI. I always pay off in full every month.

Just use your card normally and pay off in full every month and you will be fine.  Don't worry too much about utility.

You can try 3x after 3 months.  That was when I went from 8.6k to 24.8k.  The reason I got it to 30k because I wanted a nice round number.

Message 14 of 27
rlx01
Established Contributor

I got 30k with no 4506T.

I might go for 50k soon just for the Lulz.
Message 15 of 27
CF_Frost
New Contributor

I'll add that this was on my BCE. I'm a bit worried I will need to move some limits around if I want another card with them, but that's no biggie I suppose. I'm happy with my CSP, BCE, Freedom, and Discover IT lineup. Can't really imagine I need or could justify another card anytime soon.

I'll also add that I went from no credit history at all mid 2012 to that lineup with $53,500 total across four cards. No installment loans and average of about $40K income. Only hard pulls were for the cards themselves. AmEx line 34x my original limit and Discover limit up about 7x initial limit. It can be done quickly, without the bells and whistles of high income, and without hard pulls. Couldn't have done it without the help of this forum, however.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a great post! Makes me feel like Amex decided to kick Cap1 in the Venture butt! Lol jk jk

Message 17 of 27
taxi818
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

after all no one ever said it was automatic to be asked for when over 25k. What most are actually saying. is if you don't want to take a chance. its a 99% chance they won't if you don't go over 25k. in other words. its a 50-50 chance if over . and 99% chance they won't if under. that is all. people look to deep in what they are trying to convey. of course many have gotten up to 35k with nothing at all. but Op. started out 2 years ago. proving himself to Amex regardless of income. so he should be good to go. Congrats op. following your step. First time ive had a 0 balance on both my amex cards since ive had them. 9 months now. so will see how amex reacts to that with no usage for a couple of months.

Where does the 50-50 come from?  (I agree more with the 99% but that might also be too high.)

Figure of speech to make an example. I have no evidence of the actual numbers.it could be 10% chance they will do it over 25k. no one really knows. except the little people inside the computer at amex. and as far as under. honestly i would say a 85% chance they won't if you are under. But then again. No on really knows. Smiley Embarassed

Message 18 of 27
rlx01
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

after all no one ever said it was automatic to be asked for when over 25k. What most are actually saying. is if you don't want to take a chance. its a 99% chance they won't if you don't go over 25k. in other words. its a 50-50 chance if over . and 99% chance they won't if under. that is all. people look to deep in what they are trying to convey. of course many have gotten up to 35k with nothing at all. but Op. started out 2 years ago. proving himself to Amex regardless of income. so he should be good to go. Congrats op. following your step. First time ive had a 0 balance on both my amex cards since ive had them. 9 months now. so will see how amex reacts to that with no usage for a couple of months.

Where does the 50-50 come from?  (I agree more with the 99% but that might also be too high.)

Figure of speech to make an example. I have no evidence of the actual numbers.it could be 10% chance they will do it over 25k. no one really knows. except the little people inside the computer at amex. and as far as under. honestly i would say a 85% chance they won't if you are under. But then again. No on really knows. Smiley Embarassed

I think it really depends on the amount of usage vs CL. For example I put roughly 5-6k/month on my SPG Amex. So granting the CLI to 30k was probably not a hard decision for them.

They recently sent me a letter increasing my Pay Over Time limit to 50k from 35k on my BizPlat. I have no idea why and I've never used it, but there you go. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 27
rlx01
Established Contributor

Just tried 30k -> 50k. It asked for an online 4506-T.

I cancelled the request at that point. I'll redo it tomorrow and actually fill it in (was on phone).
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.