Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Cancelled OASIS - Help

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AmEx Cancelled OASIS - Help

This supervisor has a supervisor, and so on, and so on. I'd keep calling and keep being polite, while letting them know how upset you are, and working your way up the chain. I would also keep mentioning that you have always heard of AmEx's excellent customer service, and that you hope that they will work with you.

That's crazy that they didn't update the web site, and depended on one piece of snail mail to notify you.

Did the supe say why they canceled it back in June?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 35
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Lawlover2 wrote:
Nothing . . . I am so mad!  I called last night and the supervisor told me had I requested this w/in 3 months of my card being cancelled, she could have done something.  I never new but my card was canceled in June!!!  When I got online to pay and check balance every  month - it didn't say closed.  When I called the automated line, it says I still have $700 in available credit.  Apparently, they sent a letter . . . I didn't get it!  She told me to reapply - right, I won't be getting that.  And, I paid a $49 annual fee - was 3 months short of having it a year!  Helppppp meee - I want to SCREAM at someone!

Wait... they offered you the card 'guaranteed' (that's what they say) and then pulled it back because they found out you had a closed account prior to them giving you this card?  That I would start writing complaints about.

The other CC, was it closed by you or did the CCC snip it?  Wondering if you can have them restore it.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

No matter how many supervisors you speak with there is nothing they can do once you wait longer than three months to reinstate the account.  You HAVE to reapply.  Strict policy regarding this.
Message 33 of 35
Lawlover2
Contributor

Well that TOTALLY sucks - I didn't even know it was closed.  When I call now, it says your available credit is "$700", balance due is $0.00 - how can I have $700 available if my card is closed???
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lawlover2 wrote:
Well that TOTALLY sucks - I didn't even know it was closed.  When I call now, it says your available credit is "$700", balance due is $0.00 - how can I have $700 available if my card is closed???

The automated system...isn't intelligent enough to convey the information that the account is closed.  Talk to a live person and they will let you know the account is closed.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.