AmEx Consumers Out There--HELP!

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx Consumers Out There--HELP!

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pdog661 wrote:

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:
Because I heard the Gold Delta is easier to get...

And prob. The BCE.

I do not think they let you PC if you do not qualify for the higher cards. 

I believe they normally show you your pre-approvals on their website under the search cards function when you log in so you could keep an eye on it over the year.

Worst comes to worse pay the fee for a few years, run big money through the card, PIF every 4-6 weeks, build your relationship with AMEX, and then use your points for a flight for a vacation when you get the card you desire.

The annual fee is not that bad if you rack up the points, and take vacations.

Delta did for years back a while seemed to be easier to get but not sure these days.

However I KNOW that PC have NOTHING to do with qualifying credit wise for other tiers... once approved rather it was blue or delta reserve, as long as over 12 months or not going up in AF you can PC into many things... From Delta you will rpbably have the ability for blue, other Delta, Jet blue, and probably one or both hotel cards they offer.

what's available for PC depends on what program you currently have.

Wouldn't the Blue MR, and hotel cards (non AF) be on the same tier credit tier as the delta card?  Could you move the delta to the blue BCP with the higher credit requirements?

My friend tried to pc the blue to the blue bcp, and was declined. 

Message 11 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx Consumers Out There--HELP!

@pdog661 wrote:

Wouldn't the Blue MR, and hotel cards (non AF) be on the same tier credit tier as the delta card?  Could you move the delta to the blue BCP with the higher credit requirements?

My friend tried to pc the blue to the blue bcp, and was declined. 

Nope. AMEX Delta and Hilton are easier to get than other AMEX cards. Blue to BCP means added AF, so you must wait for 13 months before you can PC due to CARD Act.

To answer OP's question, yes you can PC Delta to BCE. I PC'ed Hilton to BCE 2 weeks after Hilton approval.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.