cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Cosco True Earnings Credit Card Question??

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

AmEx Cosco True Earnings Credit Card Question??

So I applied for the Cosco True Earning AmEx card tonight and received the message " If you qualify, you will receive your card in the mail in 14 or 15 days."  Nothing else, has anyone else received this response when applying for an American Express Product?  I have never seen this type of response before from any card issuer; it's either approved, not approved, or review.  When you applied for an American Express Product, what response did you get if NOT instantly approved?

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx Cosco True Earnings Credit Card Question??

I got something like that.  I kept on checking my status online but it wasn't available.  Than 1 week later, I went into a Costco to apply there because I thought my app didn't go through online but the lady then said I applied yesterday.  So, my advice is to check everyday online until it shows up with a decision.  Do not apply again.  I was approved after waiting a long time and I think I got my card within 2-3 weeks from my initial app.

Message 2 of 12
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

That's a pretty long wait for a decision.  I'm starting to wonder if the "qualification" means my cosco membership.  I renewed my membership immediately after applying but if I don't get the card, I will ask for a refund...I prefer Sam's Club but would switch to Cosco if it means having an Americican Express Credit Card.  I was approved for the Zync Charge card today and when I spoke with a AmEx Rep, she said there is no waiting period to apply for another product.  I just don't understand why such a vague response...

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you applied for the costco amex card at the warehouse you could just call the membership department and they can look at the status of your application. I'm not sure if they can do the same thing if you applied online, but it's worth a try you need to know asap.

Message 4 of 12
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:

So I applied for the Cosco True Earning AmEx card tonight and received the message " If you qualify, you will receive your card in the mail in 14 or 15 days."  Nothing else, has anyone else received this response when applying for an American Express Product?  I have never seen this type of response before from any card issuer; it's either approved, not approved, or review.  When you applied for an American Express Product, what response did you get if NOT instantly approved?

WOW that's the funniest response ever.. Most likely they approved you, otherwise you would get some dreadful message.

You should call in the new card department and check up on the status.

Good Luck

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

You don't get instantly decision if you apply online. Amex need to verify your membership from Costco. It may take up to two weeks.  You will get instantly decision if you apply inside the Costco. Last year, I applied inside Costco. I got instantly approved for 2K.

Ron.

Message 6 of 12
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that info Ron.  I remember now from reading a while back, I only wish i'd asked before applying online so now I have to wait an agonizing 2 weeks for an answer.  For anyone who may be curious as well, I called AmEx Customer Service about this and she said when applyiing for the Cosco True Earnings card, the application goes directly to Cosco for membership verification and then back to AmEx for cc approval.  Oh well, i'm use to waiting these days, no more instant gratification.   

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are still waiting, you can go into Costco and apply there.   I had the same thing a few months ago and I callled Amex customer service and they told me my application hadn't even been submitted yet because it had to go to Costco first. She then told me just to go into Costco and apply again. It did NOT result in two hard pulls and I was instantly approved for 10k! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and got this "If you qualify, you will receive the Card in the mail in 14 days." any idea? they didnt give me the 14 to 15 day message.

Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Lots of talk about this... this is one paticular card that you are FAR better off applying in store.  You apply online Amex sends it to Costco to verify membership and send Amex a picture of you to put on the back of your new card if approved because it also turns into your Costco Membership Card.

My friend applied in store and got instant, the she took a new picture for his card and they print you a one day pass to shop on the card but it still took almost 2 weeks for him to get it.  I have heard way longer with applying online.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.