Regular Contributor
HeidiBoo

AmEx Delta Skymiles to Blue

I've noticed that a lot of you are converting your "entry level" Skymiles to the Am Ex Blue Card...

I just received my Skymiles card last month and was wondering...what is the benefit of converting and how do you polietly ask the big wigs at AmEx for the "upgrade"? 

Should I wait a few more months after using the current card wisely?

Thanks!
Contributor
Jamesus81801

Re: AmEx Delta Skymiles to Blue

I changed mine, because there is no annual fee, and the cash back will be better for me than the miles would have been.  I changed mine when I got the card in the mail.  I just called the number on the card and asked to convert it, the lady I spoke with was great about it, no problems at all.  I just told her that I had been looking over the website and figured that I would benefit more from the Blue Cash than I would from the Delta...
Contributor
Phouchg

Re: AmEx Delta Skymiles to Blue

I did it last week after finally finishing my successful FR. Not only that, but I did it with a $3000 CL (now at $15000 since starting at $1000 in april). The CSR told me that I could probably increase my CL even more "in the coming months". Guess that is one good side effect of FR - they now know exactly where my HHI stands and know how much credit I can "handle".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+