Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx First Bill?

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

AmEx First Bill?

I got my AmEx card like a couple weeks ago and I wanted to know when I will get my first bill my statement. It closes on the 11th of each month.

I spent $288 on my Amex card this month (so far) let say I spent no more than that. Come 5/11/2011 will I get a bill for the $288 and it will be due 6/11/2011?

Just to let you know, I just got approved with Zync.

Please help me...Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AmEx First Bill?

It's really common for a delay with AmEx. I'd call and ask when your statements will post, but it might well be 4 weeks after you were approved.

And then many people find that there's another 4 week delay after the statements post before the info goes into the credit bureaus.

Call and ask. They're very helpful.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Amex is very slow to report account information. I have found that out with both my Zync and PRG.  

In my experience, my statement cuts on the 23rd and the 26th and they are due approximately 15 days later.

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 9
KayMD
Valued Member

Thanks for your help guys you gave me information that I did not know. But what I am talking about is when I will have to pay AmEX not the statement date.

Message 4 of 9
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

On my Amex Charge cards my due date is about 15 days after the statement cuts.

Message 5 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

The Costco Amex I have took TWO full billing cycles to report.  60 Days!!  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first statement for my new Zync card closed on the 15th. The due date was the 30th. It showed up on my TU report yesterday so not everyone has a wait.

Message 7 of 9
KayMD
Valued Member

So I guess I can say 15 days. My statement ends on the 11th of each month so the 26th should be due date.

Message 8 of 9
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

The primary cards reported 15-30 days after the first statement for me (two new cards in the last year), but it took an extra 15-30 days for AUs to report.

DW's Amex AUs see to trail the primary card in reporting by a full month -- if Amex decides to update the AU report at all.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.