Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(AmEx) Followup CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

(AmEx) Followup CLIs

All:

Have seen tons of posts about the initial ~60day, 3x CLI.

What I haven't seen is where everybody goes from there.  Are you requesting (more importantly, being approved for) another 3x CLI 6 months down the road?  Are you having to request a somewhat more modest amount (e.g. 2x, same dollar figure increase as before, etc.)?

Just trying to get a handle on my "garden strategy" for the next ~6 months.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: (AmEx) Followup CLIs

@Anonymous wrote:

All:

Have seen tons of posts about the initial ~60day, 3x CLI.

What I haven't seen is where everybody goes from there.  Are you requesting (more importantly, being approved for) another 3x CLI 6 months down the road?  Are you having to request a somewhat more modest amount (e.g. 2x, same dollar figure increase as before, etc.)?

Just trying to get a handle on my "garden strategy" for the next ~6 months.  Thanks!

you can get another 3x CLI after the 61 days 6 months later, but once if you try to get past 25k it's pretty much a automatic financial review so if your planning on higher than that get your documentation ready. Also you might trigger it if you ask for more than 15k but that's not too common

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Original approval = 2k

CLI (within past 2 weeks) gave new limit = 5k

So you wouldn't think twice about requesting 15k in six months with no change in income? 

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Original approval = 2k

CLI (within past 2 weeks) gave new limit = 5k

So you wouldn't think twice about requesting 15k in six months with no change in income? 

Correct - why poke the bear?  If they have granted sufficient, unsecured credit at this time, then just garden what you have for a while.  A lot can change in 6-12 months.  Additionally, if your income does not support any higher credit increase with any future CLI request then why risk a FR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.