Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Global Transfer Program - Updates

tag
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

AmEx Global Transfer Program - Updates

I just want to share my experience using the AmEx Global Transfer Program.

I applied for thr PRG last month and was instantly denied. From what I was informed by the GTP is that it only works if you have moved to the US without any credit history. Since, I do have over two years credit history I was not eligible because of too many inquiries, too many new trade lines and lack of bank account information - the last point is toally untrue.

I faxed my documents to MEDIA and contacted EO and explained my situation to a gentleman. He only took interest when I mentioned that I was a Centurion card member. He said that he would get back to me in a day or two and only the director could overturn the denial. Half an hour later the status changed from declined to in progess.

A week passed with no news so l decided to call the new accounts dept today and got denied today for exactly the same reasons as in all my denial letters.

I had 13 inquiries on my EX during the past 12 months and this app cost me an additional three inquiries. Eight of the inquiries are from AmEx. What a waste! My EX score dropped from 731 to 701.

Five inquiries will be one year old next month.

I was so frustrated so I went on a mini app spree and got instant approvals (after verifications) with Chase Freedom 4k CL and Discover IT 2.5k CL. That was amazing!

I guess AmEx is not ready for me at the moment.

Thanks guys for all your advice without this forum I would have never got this far.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.