Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Gold Delta Offer

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

AmEx Gold Delta Offer

This gold Delta offer looks interesting.  You get 50k miles with just $1k spending.  This may be better than the 60k points with $3k spending the last offer. 

Delta.PNG

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: AmEx Gold Delta Offer

Just jumped on this one last week. Grabbed the business version for a hidden tradeline. I'm glad they denied me on the other 60,000 miles offer. Lol
Message 2 of 24
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

That’s definitely a good offer for those who can’t do $3k in 3 mo.
Message 3 of 24
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

The question here is if it's worth it to put $2000 more on that card for 10,000 points.  That's still a 5x points return which is probably better than you'll get putting that money somewhere else.

Unless you have immediate plans to churn another card, or you're not sure you can responsibly spend $3K in 3 months, the 60K points for $3K is still the better deal.  I have referral link to it which I plan to use next month, even though I've already seen the 50K for $1K offer.

Message 4 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

The question here is if it's worth it to put $2000 more on that card for 10,000 points.  That's still a 5x points return which is probably better than you'll get putting that money somewhere else.

Unless you have immediate plans to churn another card, or you're not sure you can responsibly spend $3K in 3 months, the 60K points for $3K is still the better deal.  I have referral link to it which I plan to use next month, even though I've already seen the 50K for $1K offer.

Shoot ..I'm already in the process of churning the Citi AAdvantage for $3k in 3 months. The 50,000 for $1000 spend was right on time.  We'll make good use of the 50,000 points.

Message 5 of 24
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Everyone’s financial situation is different. If you can easily do the $3k in 3 mo. Without any unplanned spending then definitely go for it because you can only get the offer once a lifetime. But if you are someone who may struggle to meet that goal then 10,000 miles less for 1/3 of the requirement really is a good deal. Plus you can get the $50 statement credit by making a small Delta charge and pocket the rest.
Message 6 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Agree that it's a good deal for those who can't meet the spend.  For those of us who can, though, the 60k is a significantly better offer.  If you only did the minimum spend, that's 51,000 SkyMiles vs 63,000 SkyMiles with the spend included.  I'm not sure about other locales, but for me 60,000 is enough for a Main Cabin roundtrip to and from many European destinations.  For those flying domestically, that additional 12,000 miles is enough for a round-trip from Boston to Chicago, as an example.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I'm not a mathematician. 

However, unless you have $3k to spend and don't mind having your miles valued less.

Isn't this the better offer?

Current Deal = $1000 over 3 months/50000 miles =  $0.02 cents

Last Deal = $2000 over 3 months/50000 miles = $0.04

Then have the joy of spending another $1000 within 6 months/10000 miles  = $0.10

So this is by far the better deal when taking into account "ONLY" what you spend on the number of bonus miles you receive. 

Message 8 of 24
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

It is not that straight forward.  Some folks already max out a lot of good cards, so not much more to spend, but to the last mile.  But other folks may not have that much disaposal income and can get many card bonuses to pick.  Then bonus/spend is far more important.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex ends to award bonus points pretty quickly compared to counting up spend for next statement. I can see someone spending $1,000, getting the 50k and booking a flight in one calendar month.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.