Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Green Approved!

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AmEx Green Approved!

@ccnewb23 wrote:

I know, I've read many posts about Barclays closing accounts due to new accounts being open after theirs, but I figured now if they close my account then they close it. 

I like your approach.  I feel the same.  Don't like me as a customer, close it.  If I don't like you as a provider, I'll do likewise.  It all works out in the end.

Message 21 of 27
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I like your approach.  I feel the same.  Don't like me as a customer, close it.  If I don't like you as a provider, I'll do likewise.  It all works out in the end.

+10  Perfect Logic !

Message 22 of 27
ccnewb23
Contributor

@Lexusct wrote:
What's was the right number to call?

American Express Executive Office

800-297-6197

Very polite helpful people

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 23 of 27
ccnewb23
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@ccnewb23 wrote:

I know, I've read many posts about Barclays closing accounts due to new accounts being open after theirs, but I figured now if they close my account then they close it. 

I like your approach.  I feel the same.  Don't like me as a customer, close it.  If I don't like you as a provider, I'll do likewise.  It all works out in the end.

Yes, after thinking about it I found it ridiculous that Barclays wants you to be an exclusive member to them only when there's so many other good credit providers around. Being scared to app for another CC just because of the threat of Barclays closing my account is not how I want to feel as a consumer. If they close my account because of the AmEx Green card, I'd just say good riddance and know that I'll never have to deal with them again.

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 24 of 27
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@ccnewb23 wrote:

@Lexusct wrote:
What's was the right number to call?

American Express Executive Office

800-297-6197

Very polite helpful people

do you think they would be willing to help me? I realized i applied for the wrong card a few months after recieving the zync, Ive apped twice for the gold since and get denied because i havent had enough time as an amex customer. If I explained that I would be willing to close the zync, and Im currently not using the card because of the express points they would listen? Im not worried about my scores.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ccnewb23 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

OP, you said you had to recon, what were your denial reasons and how was you able to recon these?? (I've heard AMEX is very hard to recon)

I honestly didn't even need to state my case for recon. I initially spoke with a rep that pushed my app through to a credit analyzer.

Reasons for denial were

Limited credit history

Too many inqs

Not enough money going through my current card

Credit limit too low($300 reported on my bofa secured)

and a few others...

I basically told the first rep I spoke with that I need an everyday card and that 95% of my charges were through my debit card. I told her I thought I would get approved for the charge card because I've seen many others with limited credit history get it. I basically stated that I applied for this card to get my foot in the door with credit and AmEx and want to use it for my everyday purchases.

I honestly have no idea if any of that information got passed on. The second rep that called me back(the one that had the power to approve me) pretty much updated some account information like my address, confirmed my identity, and then just approved me. I didn't have to make a case toward any of the denial reasons or explain my situation with my credit. She just said, well I was able to approve you and your card will be expedited. I thanked her and hung up.

The recon number on the backdoor number list is wrong by the way. The person I spoke with by calling that number had no authority to do anything except read from his script and read the reasons why I was denied.

I wish I would have known about that executive office when I apped in Jan. and got declined. Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 27
ccnewb23
Contributor

Yeah I'm trying to get that number stickied into the backdoor numbers thread but OP might be on vacation =p

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.