Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Platinum Approved!!!

tag
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx Platinum Approved!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Also in refrence to my story does anyone know how long they might be down or are usually down when they are doing there website upgrades?  I still think I want to go for the  CLI on my Costco card.

When will my card show up on my account?  It will just show both my Costco Card and my Platinum right?  I got the email that said they would deliver it in like 2 to 3 days wow saweet!  I can't wait to see my CL also? 

Congrats on the Platinum, BD.  The card won't show online until you activate and register it on Amex's site...and that requires the acct number and 4 digit code on the front, so you may have to coordinate with the home front to do that if they're delivering it to your home stateside. 

Since it's a "no preset spending limit" aka charge card, there's no limit showing.  There IS one, though, and you can play around with the "how much can I charge" button on the account to figure out your limit.  It will change and grow with you as you use it, so don't worry if it seems low at first.  Incidentally, you get 2 or 3x times on the button per visit, and then it won't let you play the "guess my limit" game again for a day or two or week. 

It is a sweet card.  Is Amex going to send one to you overseas?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much TM, Yes I figure my girl will be taking a picture of it and sending it to me.  Hopefully its taken on her naked body! Is this forum PG?  Smiley Happy Anyway I was thinking that was the case but I wasen't for sure since I had heard people saying they had limits on theirs.  I'll play that game from time to time sounds fun.  Na I don't really think I need nor can use the card over here but I can access online stuff so I'll just make sure I have the number and stuff that away I can hook up my Vegas trip before I get back.  I so hope I get some hookups on upgrades I think I wanna stay at the Billagio for like a week!!  I'm so eager to learn about all  the perks can't wait to sift through the site when everything is activated.  I'll keep everyone posted and thanks again for all of the support!  O yea I had to edit this to add a question did you get the SPG card too since everyone is telling me it's kind of complementary just add it?

Message 12 of 15
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Organize your own trip to Vegas?  You can use the complimentary concierge service and have Jeeves book the Billagio for you.  Might as well make the most of the benefits that come with the card.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 13 of 15
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much TM, Yes I figure my girl will be taking a picture of it and sending it to me.  Hopefully its taken on her naked body! Is this forum PG?  Smiley Happy Anyway I was thinking that was the case but I wasen't for sure since I had heard people saying they had limits on theirs.  I'll play that game from time to time sounds fun.  Na I don't really think I need nor can use the card over here but I can access online stuff so I'll just make sure I have the number and stuff that away I can hook up my Vegas trip before I get back.  I so hope I get some hookups on upgrades I think I wanna stay at the Billagio for like a week!!  I'm so eager to learn about all  the perks can't wait to sift through the site when everything is activated.  I'll keep everyone posted and thanks again for all of the support!  O yea I had to edit this to add a question did you get the SPG card too since everyone is telling me it's kind of complementary just add it?

Starwood is a great card and a lot of people do add it to work the Starwood points, since they transfer so well.  I haven't applied for it so far, have the blue cash already, but that would be my next Amex if I get another.  I'm just enjoying my Platinum at the moment.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your probably right. I think I will do that! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.