Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Platinum desire!

tag
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Re: AmEx Platinum desire!

My understanding is it's the exact same card.

I wish I had applied for the Ameriprise version. I didn't know about it until after I got my Plat.

Can someone else clarify?

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 11 of 12
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx Platinum desire!

@robbulous wrote:

My understanding is it's the exact same card.

I wish I had applied for the Ameriprise version. I didn't know about it until after I got my Plat.

Can someone else clarify?

I have had this version for a year.  Yes, for all the perks/benefits, MR, etc. it is the same card.  Only difference, card wise, is it's considered a co-branded Plat (like the Mercedes Benz Plat) and the card will have the Ameriprise logo on back.  I guess the other difference is the sign up bonus and annual spend bonus (Ameriprise - get 25k MR after 3K spend sign up and 5K MR per $20k spend per year, with a max of 30K MR for $120K spend per year).  

It's a great offer.  And up to 3 AU's are free for first year as well. I was an Ameriprise client but no longer and no problems with the Plat account. There are lots of accounts of non Ameriprise people who have had the card for years without problems. 

You do need to go through the Ameriprise site to app online but I don't believe they require you to provide an Ameriprise account # or at least I can't remember ever having to do so.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.