Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Platinum lounge access

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Platinum lounge access

Do I have access to Delta club if I fly United?

Flight is tomorrow from DCA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: AmEx Platinum lounge access

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  You must fly Delta for free lounge access, but you can use your $200 credit towards lounge access.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for clarification. It is not clear on AmEx web portal: "To enter just show your valid Platinum Card, valid ID and same-day boarding pass.".

So, only airline credit, that is it? Flight is by United IAH-DCA-IAH. No lounge, no priority boarding?

Message 3 of 7
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for clarification. It is not clear on AmEx web portal: "To enter just show your valid Platinum Card, valid ID and same-day boarding pass.".

So, only airline credit, that is it? Flight is by United IAH-DCA-IAH. No lounge, no priority boarding?

To access the Delta Lounge, you must be flying Delta that day. 

Agree that it's kind of unclear, but they refer to the Delta website for most current pricing policy and terms. If you go to https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club/glossary-of-terms.html and click on "Platinum Cardholders from American Express".

No priority boarding on any airline with Platinum AmEx.

Consider also signing up for Priority Pass, which gets you into select lounges at airports (I've used it for access to the Alaska Board Room, even when flying on other airlines), which is free as part of your Platinum AmEx membership. The unfortunate news is that there are no Priority Pass lounges at DCA (but there are IAD).  Not sure when it's supposed to happen in 2016, IAH is supposed also to get a Centurion Lounge, which is free to access with your Platinum AmEx 

Message 4 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  You must fly Delta for free lounge access, but you can use your $200 credit towards lounge access.

Can you use it for Delta lounge access fees?

With the Delta SkyMiles AMEX, yes you can buy into the lounge, but can you buy in with Platinum AMEX and no boarding pass on Delta?

Also, don't you have to select one airline for all your $200 airline fee credits? Similar to PRG? And one airline the entire calendar year?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With the Delta SkyMiles AMEX, yes you can buy into the lounge, but can you buy in with Platinum AMEX and no boarding pass on Delta?

Also, don't you have to select one airline for all your $200 airline fee credits? Similar to PRG? And one airline the entire calendar year?

Probably Delta should be selected to get an airline credit towards Delta lounge access. I selected United. 

I do have some plans to visit Orlando during Summer. Any lounge access with priority pass at Orlando airport? Do I need to choose specific Airline to get access?

As far as I understand I need to flu Air France or KLM to have lounge access at IAH, right?

Message 6 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably Delta should be selected to get an airline credit towards Delta lounge access. I selected United. 

I do have some plans to visit Orlando during Summer. Any lounge access with priority pass at Orlando airport? Do I need to choose specific Airline to get access?

As far as I understand I need to flu Air France or KLM to have lounge access at IAH, right?

If you have Priority Pass you can access either of those clubs from what I understand. Also, there is supposed to be a Centurion Lounge opening up at IAH later this year. I fly Delta and connect through ATL so I have yet to try the The Club since it is never convenient to my departure gate so I am not an expert on how Priority Pass works when accessing other airline's partner clubs.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.