Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Pre-Apps - A Survey!

tag
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx Pre-Apps - A Survey!

And if you can't get the Centurion card, there's always The Visa Black Card.

Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, this is interesting - thank you, guys! Every time I've seen people talk about what they're supposedly pre-approved for (if only it didn't say 'non-pre-approved' or something at the top of the window as soon as you click on those offers, I might just be suckered into feeling 'special'...!), I've seen them mention the exact same 'offers' I have - but so far only Ms. Hauling (err... Hauling, you are female, right?) has the same ones as I do.

There goes my 'everyone - or at least 99% of everyone - gets the same pre-app offers' theory! And HTSU... I think if I signed in one day to find some different offers, my first reaction would be to assume everyone else would have those same ones too. The day it happens, I'm coming back here with another straw poll - and if it turns out that I really do have my own special offers, I really will fall out of my chair! Smiley Happy

We may have just hit the "special" people today. Smiley Wink Previous threads about these pre-approvals featured lots of members saying that they got the same four cards as you and I, even when they already had at least one of them. I guess we'll just have to sulk with the regular folks until we start getting Starwood cards dangled at us. Smiley Very Happy

And yep, I'm of the female persuasion.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

And VERY persuasive you ARE, Dahling! Smiley Wink

(Sorry ... couldn't resist!)
Message 13 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

There's persuasion, and then there's persuasion. The baseball bat helps! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There's persuasion, and then there's persuasion. The baseball bat helps! Smiley Happy

Those Louisville Sluggers can be very persuasive, no doubt about it!

I'm (pleasantly...ish) surprised by the responses to this thread - I was honestly expecting my suspicions to be confirmed - those suspicions being that the vast majority of all alleged pre-apps were the ones that you & I got. I guess one day we might see them change, and that way know that some kind of reviewing/assessing (hopefully of the positive variety) is going on over at AmEx.

Meanwhile, I've decided to do some 'assessing' of my own... I don't dare to try a product change from the Blue-That-I-Never-Use, so for the rest of the year, instead of racking up the points on my Delta SkyMiles (I hit the nearest round multiple of 10,000 last week after giving that card a serious workout ever since I got it), I'm going to finally let the Blue see some action until January... then I'm going to sit down with a calculator and work out which out of the Blue Cash and the Clear would have served me best in its place. Whichever one 'wins' is going to be my January AmEx app.. and fingers crossed they agree to give me it!! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, athensguy!  That Visa Black card is the BOMB!!  A credit line up to 1k, $69.00 annual and $69.00 enrollment fee!  Well what are we waiting for?  Let's all drop what we're doing and app for that thang! Smiley Surprised 

I don't know what they're smokin' but it's one card I can live without!
Message 16 of 17
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

BUT it says platinum on it, so you know it's elite.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.